Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek W2 (Jonsbo W2)

Nizr

cooltek cases are sick, been wanting a C3 for sometime :)

Jonsbo (makers of the w2) are really great with their customers as well as cooltek! Two great companies with great products (at least the ones I've tried)

Hopp you will stay for more!

And about the case, it's great and you won't be disappointed! Getting the "silver" or black one?

I'm getting the black one , I mean I got the black one on Friday.

Love it a lot just need to change all the Fans to Noctua (Only have 2 now).

I just don't like the power button placement it's awkward and it just isn't in the right place.

And need to mod something like top fans and color wise ( Blue , white , black , Yellow dont go that well together :P)

I just don't like the power button placement it's awkward and it just isn't in the right place.

And need to mod something like top fans and color wise ( Blue , white , black , Yellow dont go that well together :P)

I have removed the power/reset button and will place it somewhere else... Thought about top fans... But scratched that idea!

I have removed the power/reset button and will place it somewhere else... Thought about top fans... But scratched that idea!

Where are you thinking on putting power/reset button?

Where are you thinking on putting power/reset button?

You will see ;)

Not at the side, that is for sure ;)

w2ax-nobgSmall_zpsdrnoy48g.png

Update 7 - Sponsor!

I've gotten an incredible support from Team Group and they have decided to support this project with a whooping 16GB RAM and 2 SSDs on 480GB each, Thank you! Without the support from sponsors, there won't be as many projects.
Team_Group_LOGO_zpsfle1rc0o.png

Let's start off with the RAM 4x4GB DDR3 2133MHZ "Vulcan". These puppies come with a black PCB and the heatsink is avaiable in many different colours.
I will, however, fabricate my own heatsinks.. more on that in another update...

The discs are two SSD Dark L3 480GB- 4K Random Read/Write: 75K/75K IOPS Max. The discs will not keep their looks for long though...

Enough text, here comes the IMAGES
ram-behind_zpsot4f0ubt.jpg

stack-ram_zps0t6thnka.jpg

2ontop_zps74msl65r.jpg

detail-ram_zpsenndqt1a.jpg

ssd-package_zpslk0wjabw.jpg

ssds_zpsmrgampde.jpg

I hope you like what you see, i sure do!
Next up in the project is to mount the painted aluminium plates into place. But that's just a fraction of what i have planned, alot of work with both hardware and the case remains. I hope you stay with me to the end of the project!

• 3 weeks later...

Long time since last update. I am sorry for that. I am however making progress, but I am currently without a computer, which makes photo editing and build log updated a bit.... Complicated..

But you can follow the project via Instagram: http://instagram.com/nizrcustomcomputers

And Facebook.com/nizrcustomcomputers

I'll see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Update 8 - Proudly introduces, MSI

sponsor-msi_zpsvbpgh5ps.png

I am happy to announce that i am working with MSI once again, I have had the honour to work with them and their products yet again. Who knows, maybe there's more products on it's way.

A MSI z97 Mpower will act as a base for the build. The mobo have given me 0 problem so far. I just pluged in everything, booted and installed windows from USB, no hick-ups, just go go go!
The yellow colour is a fresh breeze and something else then the "usual" black and red. But, it wont fit witht this build, the colour have to go. The heatsinks will be black with a touch of naked aluminium.

mobo2_zpsqu9iuiir.jpg

mobo3_zpst3pczuk7.jpg

ocgene_zpstpfvrsfs.jpg
Easy accesed buttons. Power and reset gives a green light, plus/minus glows red. And yes, you can turn of LEDs :)

mobo5-back_zpsdpcbvxvn.jpg

mobo4_zps48yjxkzg.jpg

mobo7-power_zpsmq9z4yko.jpg
Power!

sink_zps5ll2s2nm.jpg
Motherboard of highest quality!

The SSDs have had a makeover. And now, that i finally have access to a computer again, and my shoulder getting better and better, you can expect more frequent updates!

What do you think of the motherboard? I think i'm a bit in love!

• 2 weeks later...

Update 9

Sponsors

sponsors_small_zpsc1bh3tjm.png

I've finally gotten some more time to work in the project. Today I'll show you some preperation of hardware before paintjob, custom vinyls and more...

DSC_0106_zpsjo1cm7ih.jpg

DSC_0118_zpssehgxyzm.jpg
I think this means warranty void..

DSC_0168_zps5bhzsr1l.jpg

DSC_0174_zpsk8lv7bkk.jpg
Yellow is not the theme of this build, Be gone!.

DSC_0230_zpse9lkgxgo.jpg
"Be afraid, be very afraid"..I was even more terrefied then the RAM. Terrefied that i would kill 16GB RAM. BUT, tested everthing afterwards, seems all good!

DSC_0236_zps1er50gw8.jpg

But, whats the outcome?! Well, splendid! HOWEVER, It's not done yet, i have some details left and want to show you the finaly product.

Tomorrow I'll be working on the chassis side panel, cutting out the new hole for the custom windows.
I don't really know what i want to do with the RAM. I do have some options, and as safety I'll be modding the original sinks, just in case my other thought turns out cr**. So, tomorrow I'll start sanding of the anodised paint of the RAM heatsinks.

Until next time!

Update 10! - Hardware
I have had sponsors engaging in this project as i progress this means that the build is a bit messy, I'm sorry for that. But i am so happy and proud of the support these companies give me, they make me want to performe even better and really put my soul to things.

sstek_zps7kdtjlij.png

I now proudly present SilverStone! Which contribute to this project with Strider ST1000-G Evolution. A 1000W is way more then i need, but i had already manufactured the cover panels and the var ST1000-G was the only option due to correct size. This was no problem for SilverStone whom sponsored me with this high quality PSU, Thank you!

ST1000-G comes in a BIG (i really mean it, hughe) box with golden details, it gives a very exclusive impression. You also get a lot of cables with a length that should be enough for most. The PSU itself is in a matte black/grey finish and is truly the star of the box. It does however have blue connectors for PCI-E, which i will have to change, ofc ;)

teaser_zpsgcby6bax.jpg

drama-detail-top_zpsl6quek7l.jpg

on%20the%20side_zpscx4ihgjq.jpg

fromback_zpsofss8ypj.jpg

etikett_zpstqoyyda5.jpg

detail-side-top-drama_zpsffyfe5ma.jpg

top-detail_zpsn36kban6.jpg

I've also cut bigger windows in the sidepanel(s), an update over that process will be posted in just a couple of days! Right now the panels are at a company, giving them some love to make them.. well.. more exclusive, do you know what?

#GloriousW2MasterRace  B)

Doesn't get the attention it deserves, probably because you can't buy it in North America?

Your project is a bit more ambitious than mine. :P Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

The past cannot be altered. The present holds but regret and loss. It is only in the days to come that a man may find solace. When memory fades..
Gigabyte B450i Pro WiFi | AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 w/ Corsair ML120 | 2x8GB DDR4 3400MHz CL16 | MSI RTX2070 Armor | Plextor M8PeG 256GB NVME | Crucial MX100 512GB | Corsair SF600 Platinum | Fractal Design Define Nano S | Dell U2518D | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with Cherry MX Brown | Logitech G703

#GloriousW2MasterRace  B)

Doesn't get the attention it deserves, probably because you can't buy it in North America?

Your project is a bit more ambitious than mine. :P Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

You are proboley right, such an awesome case, but i haven't seen any reviews of it in Sweden either, mosty German, understandably, since Cooltek is German based :)

Hope you stick around for the finish? Got some exciting updates coming up!

Checked your build log, the case is damn amazing, love it! I too will be using Noctuas :) But no dampening material this time...

If only they would make a micro-atx version of this case I would buy it straight away. Still nice case and project.

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

If only they would make a micro-atx version of this case I would buy it straight away. Still nice case and project.

They do have som Micro-atx cases the U3 and V4. Not a copy of the W2, but still looks nice. 

Have you seen the W2 and what size it is? It's actually damn small, i get the impression that it's even smaller then the Phanteks evolv, which is a Micro-ATX case. So the W2 might suit you, after all? :P

Update 11 - Saw, grind, grind and grind...

Sponsors

sponsors_small_zpsc1bh3tjm.png

Only a couple of days between update, i think its lovely! I've been siting on this update for a while now, I have been waiting for something to arrive and wanted to wait, but it did not show up. So i decided to do an update anyhow and will have to show the missing part in some other update, maybe an "update 11.2" ;)

mUDgT6.jpg
Time to give these beautiful panels a go with the saw. I'll be having windows on both side panels.

mTLEdL.jpg
"Point of no return"

8Y1Dzy.jpg
After the saw you have to file...

manNXd.jpg
...And after filing... A lot of grinding...

z9yJG6.jpg
I've also started to grind away the anodised paint on the RAM heat sinks..

s0FUjr.jpg
This was really time consuming. When i had done 7 out of 8 i got a tip from Mr. Brömmel aka Moddingstylez that "sink cleaner" shoud do the trick. Now that's effectiveness, the paint just fell off.
I grinded all the sinks, put on primer and then colour, and kept the top part in naked alu. BUT, it looked like sh-t, so they went out with the trash. Lucky me my head is full of ideas, so i will make something else of the RAM. Only 5 hours of work out of the window, but hey, at least i learned something :)

JgcnGF.jpg
Maybe this will give you an idea of the end result. OBSERVE! The panels on the inside are not mounted yet, only held in place with some pieces of cardboard. This image do not reflect the end result and i noticed that it was leaning a bit when i got the pictures in the computer.

m2pvdp.jpg
I', sorry for the focus, a bit off.... sloppy of me.

nUBkrC.jpg
The SSDs will be mounted on the black panel, horizontally. And then some light design, i have a feeling this will be great. Have you seen the end result of the modded SSDs? They will be in naked brushed alu, i might add something extra, have not decided yet.

In the next update I'll show you the star of this project. I hope you can wait!

Beautiful components and my god do these photos look tasty! Looking forward to the updates of this build log! :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Beautiful components and my god do these photos look tasty! Looking forward to the updates of this build log! :)

Thanks for taking your time and writing a comment and i am glad you like it :)

I will post another update the next week, don't know what hits first, some hardware or the "11.2"-update ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update 12 - New sponsor and cooperation!

Ocaholic.ch have decided to support my project(s)! They help me getting sponsorship for my project, which make me very greatful and happy, it is really, really helpful. For this project Ocaholic.ch and Noctua, together sponsor me with amazing fans and cpu-cooler

5ShItD.png

I told you to have an update on my side panels this time.. I'm sorry but MR. Murphy paid me a visit, you'll have to wait :(

I just love fans and air cooling, which you might notice by looking at the amount of images in this post.
I might be wierd or odd who want's air cooling for such great hardware that this project equipped with.
But my "vision" for this project was an air cooled system, i did look at water from time to time... But i stuck with my original idea, and i'm glad i did.
I wanted high quality throughout this project and what other company then Noctua for the cooling?

ldQT5O.jpg
It's the inside that counts, right? I don't mind a beautiful outside though. Lovely boxes and fans, could this get any better?

nOfzUa.jpg

auo2yN.jpg
NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000 PWM

cmp1eT.jpg

AsJ53k.jpg

QdhTtn.jpg
I don't know if NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM count's as the smaller brother :)

tjrKD0.jpg

cSJKT4.jpg

iToSrg.jpg
The family gathered.

udRIdk.jpg
NH-D14 - Beautiful piece. You might wonder "why not the D15?". Well, the D15 dont got the same looks as the D14, I wanted a rougher look and a more matte surface. And, the D15 is to tall for the W2 case :)

4lInzU.jpg

INUIUE.jpg

18tp9W.jpg

hPSHo0.jpg

H80zY1.jpg
So beautiful! A cooler good enough for a king!

Your photos look amazing, and whoop for Noctua! :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing where all those pieces of aluminium will come together.

Thanks!

I can guarantee that it looks awesome, I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

I am sorry for the lack of pics from the workshop, sometimes time is short and I priorities getting stuff done over photos :)

I do hope I'll be able to post workshop update later this week. I'm really, really gonna do my best!

we have the same case.... nice WIP. cant wait to see the complete mod.

Nice one!

How do you like the mk-26 and what gpu is that?

Looking forward to seeing all these parts come together in one epic final product! :)

So do I! Time is against me now, and if you are familiar with Murphy's law, you know even better the status of the project right now ;)

• 1 month later...

Update 13 - I'M BACK!

Sponsors

QJ6IuT.png

I can now finally go back to work on my modding project. I hope the two shoulder surgeries i've been through is enoug...
Those darn side panels are finally done. But, yet again, you will see them soon ;)

I started to modify the SSDs and heatsinks on the motherboard in update 9. Heres the result.

ZZqwjU.jpg
Really pleased with how the SSDs turned out. Brushed with matte coating.

1YshJ9.jpg
Wait, WHAT?! A GPU?

JyX2av.jpg
A MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G. A big thank you to MSI Europe whom belives in what i do and spnsored this project with this amazing GPU.
I've removed the black paint on the backplate and gave it a brushed finish and finished it by some layers of matte coating

v2Oifp.jpg

3QZJeH.jpg
I've also painted the heatsink black and removed the "shroud". Gives a nice contrast if you ask me. Oh, and don't mind the fngerprints... ;)

8H7psj.jpg

2YnYTS.jpg
I removed the fans. THe card will be cooled by two Noctua 120mm which will be mounted on the bottom of the case.

Tcmwwy.jpg
I might be crazy - but it's in the details, right? The NH-D14 is beautiful out of the box, But the colour on the top fin don't match with the rest of the build. I first sanded off the nickel plating. And then it hit me - When sanding between the pipes, the plating on the pipe get's sanded off. THe pipes are made out of copper... NOT GOOD.

So off i went and bought a colour that matched the SSD's - Final result is pending.
I do like the feel of the color with a rough sanding. Something for another build?

KPLCLd.jpg
Sleeving the fans and creating some custom cables to controll the brightness of the LEDs

vMvSHx.jpg
Time to mount.

VyNCA4.jpg
Christmas is closing in - christmas feel mounting.