Philips 42pus7809 HDMI problem 4k

Hello guys i just bought this TV and HDMI cable 10m that supports up to 4k but when i connect it but this happen : 

http://snag.gy/P2RHs.jpg

Look the black lines its not full size and its frozen .... help guys 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

what kind of HDMI does your videocard have, tell us your SPECS!

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

what kind of HDMI does your videocard have, tell us your SPECS!

Look my profile :) there are detailed specs of everything but if u really want i cant post here 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

I see no black lines and you may have to change the resolution settings on the computer you are running it off of or try to change the resolution and settings of the television...

Thanks,

12 Year Old PC Builder: Aavex

I see no black lines and you may have to change the resolution settings on the computer you are running it off of or try to change the resolution and settings of the television...

Thanks,

with black lines i mean look its not full size ... this black thing araund its not the tv it should be full size ( sry cant explain ) 

Edit: With black lines i mean that its not full size .... the black thing isnt the border its just not full. Tv tv itself is borderless 

Project Redline: 

with black lines i mean look its not full size ... this black thing araund its not the tv it should be full size ( sry cant explain ) 

Thanks,

he means he has no bezels

also, he cant edit the resolution settings on his pc as he said it was frozen

Then as I said make sure

1. Check the HDMI cable to ensure it is secure in the computer

2. Check resolutions settings on the TV and computer..

Is it 4k or UHD, if you do not know the difference just google it :)

Does your graphics card support 4k?

Then as I said make sure

1. Check the HDMI cable to ensure it is secure in the computer

2. Check resolutions settings on the TV and computer..

Is it 4k or UHD, if you do not know the difference just google it :)

Does your graphics card support 4k?

I dont know man ... i dont know .... its UHD i think ... and i mean i can work on my monitor but on tv it doesnt show anything but this ... like tv is frozen and not full size the black things araund arent tv border its just not full

Edit: My tv is completle frozen while HDMI pluged i cant accest settings or anything

Edit 2 : and i just plug the hdmi cabel on tv to slot 4 and the colours changed abit

Project Redline: 

I dont know man ... i dont know .... its UHD i think ... and i mean i can work on my monitor but on tv it doesnt show anything but this ... like tv is frozen and not full size the black things araund arent tv border its just not full

Edit: My tv is completle frozen while HDMI pluged i cant accest settings or anything

Erm...

See if you can use a different HDMI cable or use a different pc...

Try to get into the settings for the television some how...

Erm...

See if you can use a different HDMI cable or use a different pc...

Try to get into the settings for the television some how...

i cant use other cabel because i paid 40$ for this cabel and i will try with laptop 

Project Redline: 

No no see if you can use another cable temporarily to see if the HDMI cable you bought was bad.. 

i dont have one right now and btw with my laptop its full size and every thing seems fine man wtf --> do u have some idea how to configure my computer 

Edit: my laptop start working abit slow 

Project Redline: 

try shutting down your screen to check if your screen hasnt frozen, if that isnt the problem, try to so something that normally would make noise, please report back when you see what happenend

Ok everybody from the laptop everything is fine like full size i didnt see any problems but when i plug it to computer the black borders are coming back and it shows exacly the same thing as i showed on the picture i tried classic ways but i didnt try to set it up from my monitor i dont know how it works too .... any ideas? 

Project Redline: 

as the specs on the website  say, your card does not work with those high resolutions. this is a bummer, maybe try downloading a unofficial bois to make it work, else i wouldn't know, 

and i cant make it 38xx to 21xx pixels here too tmkEd.jpg

Project Redline: 

this might be dumb but are those settings correct ?

edit: and i dont like messing with bios man ... any idea ?

can u say me are those settings configured right way 

Project Redline: 

this might be dumb but are those settings correct ?

your graphics cars does not support those resolutions, it just cant happen. as for your laptop, I think that HDMI port might be too slow for those resolutions.

fck ... .

Project Redline: 

Btw how does my laptop support it then :D its not that strong laptop 

Project Redline: 

Btw how does my laptop support it then :D its not that strong laptop 

as seen in the options screen, your laptop renders 1080P and then upscales, this costs less power than 4K directly.