Charging drone batteries

I am planning on getting a drone but one thing that worries me is that I will have to buy 5 or so batteries to last the flight time I want in a day. Reason I say I need to buy that many is I am hoping to use it out on the water or in the woods so I wouldn't have a place to charge them. Is there a portable solution you guys can think of to charge them in a semi timely manner?

Automotive battery/car and a charger with 12v input.

Automotive battery/car and a charger with 12v input.

That seems a little heavy to carry in a backpack, I was thinking something more portable.

That seems a little heavy to carry in a backpack, I was thinking something more portable.

Nothing is going to be more portable than just buying batteries for the drone and charging them before you go out

Nothing is going to be more portable than just buying batteries for the drone and charging them before you go out

The cost of that is excessive. Currently I am trying to find a way to use battery banks as a large one will charge a battery twice.

What size batteries are we talking about and how would they normally be charged?

What size batteries are we talking about and how would they normally be charged?

Huh do you mean the battery banks or the DJI ones?

Right so DJI batteries take ~2 hours to charge on mains power. A USB charger if even possible cannot provide anywhere near as much power.

Your best bet for something close to portable is a car battery and an ac inverter like http://www.amazon.com/ENERGIZER-Inverter-converts-battery-compatible/dp/B00APL77NWto be able to use your DJI charger and even then you will need a lot of batteries to fly constantly just to charge 1 more

Right so DJI batteries take ~2 hours to charge on mains power. A USB charger if even possible cannot provide anywhere near as much power.

Your best bet for something close to portable is a car battery and an ac inverter like http://www.amazon.com/ENERGIZER-Inverter-converts-battery-compatible/dp/B00APL77NWto be able to use your DJI charger and even then you will need a lot of batteries to fly constantly just to charge 1 more

I am not looking to fly constantly, looking for an hour flight time in the morning and that again in the afternoon and evening.

The cost of that is excessive. Currently I am trying to find a way to use battery banks as a large one will charge a battery twice.

They batteries of your drone are proprietary? What's their energy?

I am not looking to fly constantly, looking for an hour flight time in the morning and that again in the afternoon and evening.

So an hour of flight is 4 batteries. To get your afternoon and evening flights you need around 50,000 mAh which something like this could provide http://www.amazon.com/UB12500-Wheelchair-Medical-Mobility-Rechargeable/dp/B009LLAQ94

At best you may be able to charge 2 batteries at a time but that would still be 4+ hours of charging before your next flight and your carrying close to 20kg of kit just to charge your batteries.

Honestly this doesn't seem appropriate. Do you really need so much flight time every day?

Why does it charge at only 0.5C? 3C should really be standard for such expensive equipment.