Need help installing Windows XP on thumb drive

I was trying to install Windows XP on my 16GB Transcend drive. I managed to extract the files to the USB drive, but the after the first restart, it showed a BSOD upon 2 seconds display of the Windows XP logo. Here's what I did: 

1. Shut down my PC, disconnected my only HDD. 

2. Fired it up and disabled AHCI from BIOS(XP has trouble with AHCI enabled). 

3. Inserted my Windows XP SP2 disk and USB drive. 

4. After that, it was normal procedure - quick fromatted the drive with NTFS and started the installation. 

Everything went quite well but after the first restart, as mentioned above, there was a BSOD <see photo below> 

post-155433-0-22917800-1432715537.png

I reconnected my HDD and booted back to Windows 8.1. I checked the USB drive for dump file, but wasn't any. 

I don't think my specs matter but here they are anyway: 

Intel PDC G3220 

ASUS H81M-E 

WD 1TB 7200rpm 

Twinmows 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

As far as I'm aware you can't install XP on a USB drive.

you can you can download a iso file end burn it on a usb

what 1 month (or somthin) and wait till windows 10 comes out its free

As far as I'm aware you can't install XP on a USB drive.

I don't see a reason why.

0x7B

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The USB drivers get loaded too late so it doesn't know how to load the rest of the OS, you might be able to make it load them earlier though...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

0x7B

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The USB drivers get loaded too late so it doesn't know how to load the rest of the OS, you might be able to make it load them earlier though...

How?

You can not install Windows on a USB stick unless you use Windows-to-go (Which is a Windows 8 enterprise only feature), this is because Windows is missing alot of driver that are specific to certain PC's, you can do this with Linux in most cases however as most critical drivers are written into the kernel.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

How?

I don't really know, try putting an A at the beginning of the file name

I don't really know, try putting an A at the beginning of the file name

What file? :huh:

What file? :huh:

The file for the driver I guess

It can easily be installed on a USB drive. I have done it and I am still using it when needed as it is useful in repairing PCs! Go to http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/and follow the instructions and use the FREE software to do it. 

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

It can easily be installed on a USB drive. I have done it and I am still using it when needed as it is useful in repairing PCs! Go to http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/and follow the instructions and use the FREE software to do it. 

Does this support XP being installed to the USB the instructions on the page are un-clear? Definitely says it supports 7 and higher,

Officially supports 7 and higher.... unofficially...... well I am using it for a usb drive. It is REALLY SLOW, but it will work. Check out windows PE. If you are looking for an installation of windows XP that is just like an install on a standard hard drive then........ no. You can check out the hirens boot cd which has a mini xp program that has a bunch of diagnostic software on it as well as instructions as how to modify the cd and install more programs/software on it It also has supported every wired network card that I have thrown at it as well. You can also make a hirens usb as well if you need more space.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score