WIndows 10 gaming.

Zaryab

Hi guys, i have a question i need answering. Cant find a good answer wherever i ask. I want to hop onto windows 10 right now! Like on the beta. The question i have is... will all steam games run? Or all games generally... are they all running fine? I dont care too much about software and etc. I just need games like gta v, elder scrolls online, csgo etc to work. So can someone tell me if they have tried to run games on windows 10 and have you had any issues. 

• FX-8320  GTX 970  M5A97 R2  Corsair H100I GT  500W PSU  RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3  SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB  1TB HDD 

It's probably not worth installing all your games on there anyway. You are going to have to re-image the system when it official version is released. But most games should run comfortably, however you might run into a few issues with GTA is it is not optimised for Windows 10 yet

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

They should probably run, I would expect the operating system itself, like the backend to be similar to Windows 8. 

But my advice is to just wait, your just formatting your hard drive and installing a new possibly buggy os when it is litterally going to be released in only an ammount of months. 

Just stick to your current Windows installation and I can 100% guarentee you, Microsoft being a powerful company is not going to easy out on something like this.  Remeber, Windows 10 is going to be the last Windows.  It will be updated every year probably but its always just going to be called Windows. 

The world is changing and Microsoft does not want to dissapoint with this version or they will be screwed for YEARS!  So, they will work they're all on this.  

However,

If your games do not run on Windows 10.  Go to the game executable, right click it and run it in compatiblity mode for Windows 8.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know when the official release of windows 10 will be?

Rumoured to be end of June I believe.. Or maybe July, can't remember

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

I have it. The older builds didn't run games, but the newer builds of Insider Preview run all the games that I've thrown at it perfectly. :)

Hi guys, i have a question i need answering. Cant find a good answer wherever i ask. I want to hop onto windows 10 right now! Like on the beta. The question i have is... will all steam games run? Or all games generally... are they all running fine? I dont care too much about software and etc. I just need games like gta v, elder scrolls online, csgo etc to work. So can someone tell me if they have tried to run games on windows 10 and have you had any issues. 

I have it. The older builds didn't run games, but the newer builds of Insider Preview run all the games that I've thrown at it perfectly.  :)

All my games runs fine on Win10. All builds worked.

Sadly, AMD support isn't great, due to the fact that the company is slow at releasing Win10 drivers.

All my games runs fine on Win10. All builds worked.

Sadly, AMD support isn't great, due to the fact that the company is slow at releasing Win10 drivers.

Windows 10 hasn't even come along, what drivers do they even have for it? They're slow at releasing drivers in general is what you should have said lol.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Windows 10 hasn't even come along, what drivers do they even have for it? They're slow at releasing drivers in general is what you should have said lol.

Actually the back-end related to graphics card/video and drivers in general sections of the kernel of Windows is done since a while. Microsoft is working closely with Nvidia and AMD to make drivers (Microsoft started to do with large popular manufactures since Vista debacle story.)

Nvidia has been very active in driver development since Windows 7 (they used to be slow in Vista days, and didn't have anything really ready when Vista was released. Lots of BSOD issues with the official released Vista drivers for months after Vista was released). So they are avoiding this. Normally AMD is slow, during beta version of Windows, but they are more slow recently than before.

Been gaming on the tech preview since it was available on an R9 290 and have yet to run into any issues. Played Tomb Raider, company of heroes, Mafia 2, Brothers, Alien Isolation, Mass Effect series, Talos Principle, Witcher series, walking dead, wolfenstein new order. That's a decent sample of games and all worked well so i feel like the OS is already fine for gaming.

Normally AMD is slow, during beta version of Windows, but they are more slow recently than before.

?? that video showing improvement is of an AMD 280x. They've been pushing some unique drivers for 10 via windows update. Last one as recently as yesterday...

?? that video showing improvement is of an AMD 280x. They've been pushing some unique drivers for 10 via windows update. Last one as recently as yesterday...

Yea.

The driver used are AMD 15.200.1018.1 (1st April 2015)

System Specs:

i5-3570k@4ghz

AMD 280X@1150/1200