AsRock h97 pro4 vs MSI h97 PC MATE?

Go to solution Solved by WizKimi,

I found a solution on tomshardware

Chassis Fan: you can use it to connect additional case fan for cooling.
Power Fan: basically the same as chassis fan, you can use additional case fan for cooling.
CPU Fan: they both provide 4-pin connectors, but asrock has additional one with 3-pins for non-PWM fans. Most CPU coolers are PWM anyway, and even if they were not, they could be used on a 4-pin connector, so this is irrelevant. You could in fact use this additional connector for one more case fan wink.gif 
Parallel port connector: irrelevant today, unless you have some very old printers around. This port was used before USB got introduced, it is a legacy technology which is today almost extinct.
Q-connector: it is a normal system panel connector (case led, reset button, power button, etc.) but makes you easier to connect wires, you don't have to connect one by one into the board itself - instead you connect them all to a separate "interface connector" outside the motherboard and just plug the whole thing into the mobo. Not really useful unless you intend to plug and unplug those wires every day wink.gif 

thanks for the replies peeps!

Which one seems to be the better option?

http://motherboards.specout.com/compare/3003-3792/Asroc...
From the above comparision site, i found quite a few connectors missing from both the motherboards, What is the role of these connectors? 
Chassis Fan Connector (4-Pin) - asrock ( msi missing )
CPU Fan Connector (3-Pin) - asrock ( msi missing )
Parallel Port Connector - msi (asrock missing )
Power Fan Connector (3-pin) - asrock (msi missing)
System Panel (Q-Connector) - msi (asrock missing)

If someone could explain me the need of these internal connectors i would be grateful, thanks i advance.

Which one seems to be the better option?

http://motherboards.specout.com/compare/3003-3792/Asroc...

From the above comparision site, i found quite a few connectors missing from both the motherboards, What is the role of these connectors? 

Chassis Fan Connector (4-Pin) - asrock ( msi missing )

CPU Fan Connector (3-Pin) - asrock ( msi missing )

Parallel Port Connector - msi (asrock missing )

Power Fan Connector (3-pin) - asrock (msi missing)

System Panel (Q-Connector) - msi (asrock missing)

If someone could explain me the need of these internal connectors i would be grateful, thanks i advance.

Chassis fan connector for extra FANS

CPU fans for Main cpu cooler

parallel port is not so important( for printers)

power fan for PWM fans(The pwm fan is a fan that has variable rpms and is adjustable 

And it can be used even as a case fan)

Q-connector for front panels

(Im not Perfect...) :)

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

The fan connectors are for the internal fans for the system, but the MSI board seems to have both a 4-pin and a 3-pin connector. Parallel port connector I think is for old printers, its an old connection, and the System panel is just to make it easier to connect the power/reset and drive indicator to the motherboard.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

CPU fans for Main cpu cooler

power fan for PWR fans

So apparently there is no connection for main cpu cooler on msi board? surely something must be wrong here as without cooler power how is the cooler supposed to run?

what are pwr fans? computer case fans i guess?

The fan connectors are for the internal fans for the system, but the MSI board seems to have both a 4-pin and a 3-pin connector.

Not according to the website i listed above, it says MSI is missing the 3 pin fan connector. 

So apparently there is no connection for main cpu cooler on msi board? surely something must be wrong here as without cooler power how is the cooler supposed to run?

what are pwr fans? computer case fans i guess?

i mean PWM FAN..Sorry for the mistake

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

Not according to the website i listed above, it says MSI is missing the 3 pin fan connector. 

The picture that they use for that motherboard has 3 system fans (1 4-pin & 2 3-pin) and 2 CPU fans both 4-pin. Unless I happened to miss some

cbcca0e76b.png

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I found a solution on tomshardware

Chassis Fan: you can use it to connect additional case fan for cooling.
Power Fan: basically the same as chassis fan, you can use additional case fan for cooling.
CPU Fan: they both provide 4-pin connectors, but asrock has additional one with 3-pins for non-PWM fans. Most CPU coolers are PWM anyway, and even if they were not, they could be used on a 4-pin connector, so this is irrelevant. You could in fact use this additional connector for one more case fan wink.gif 
Parallel port connector: irrelevant today, unless you have some very old printers around. This port was used before USB got introduced, it is a legacy technology which is today almost extinct.
Q-connector: it is a normal system panel connector (case led, reset button, power button, etc.) but makes you easier to connect wires, you don't have to connect one by one into the board itself - instead you connect them all to a separate "interface connector" outside the motherboard and just plug the whole thing into the mobo. Not really useful unless you intend to plug and unplug those wires every day wink.gif 

thanks for the replies peeps!