Need help color coordinating build

Hi guys. I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to building and making builds look nice. I'm going for a white & blue theme. My budget is $1450. Should I swap the motherboard for a similar featured black & blue mobo? Any advice would be helpful. I haven't actually ordered anything yet.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/tQ4N4D

Hi guys. I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to building and making builds look nice. I'm going for a white & blue theme. My budget is $1450. Should I swap the motherboard for a similar featured black & blue mobo? Any advice would be helpful. I haven't actually ordered anything yet.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/tQ4N4D

I think something like the EVGA 970 superclock would look good with the minimal amount of blue accent. Not too sure about the blue RAM though that might be a bit odd looking since everything else is white and black. maybe a set of black RAM.

I think something like the EVGA 970 superclock would look good with the minimal amount of blue accent. Not too sure about the blue RAM though that might be a bit odd looking since everything else is white and black. maybe a set of black RAM.

yeah just the ram and wires would be blue right now. That's why I was wondering if keeping the blue ram and a black and blue mobo might be better

Black and blue mobo to match ram and 970 acx 2.0

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Black and blue mobo to match ram and 970 acx 2.0

this might be a bit too much to ask but do you know a good black and blue mobo around the same price range? :P

yeah just the ram and wires would be blue right now. That's why I was wondering if keeping the blue ram and a black and blue mobo might be better

Just my personal preference but I like the motherboard to be black or grey and just hide in the background with most of the accents be on sleeved cables and the GPU or CPU heatsinks/blocks

I think a motherboard with blue accents would work better but if you want the krait mobo then maybe just black RAM and something like a little bit of blue vinyl on the GPU or CPU blocks as accents

The galax HOF video card is white. And maybe switch out the SSD for an intel 730. (silver instead of black) Things to think of adding later are sleeved PSU cables, and sata cables, and blue LEDs.

this might be a bit too much to ask but do you know a good black and blue mobo around the same price range? :P

I think the blue on the RAM's blue is a little light in color but this board is about the same price range I believe:

http://ca.msi.com/product/mb/Z97S_SLI_PLUS.html#hero-overview

I think the blue on the RAM's blue is a little light in color but this board is about the same price range I believe:

I was goons recommend that one, or the as rock one. The as rock blue is light though.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

The galax HOF video card is white. And maybe switch out the SSD for an intel 730. (silver instead of black) Things to think of adding later are sleeved PSU cables, and sata cables, and blue LEDs.

The HOF card is a bit too expensive. I was planning on have the SSD hidden and not in view from the window. I will look into the sleeved cables :)

I can't get that motherboard, it's currently unavailable everywhere in Canada. Is the asrock one any good?

See if you can get a nice asrock extreme board as they are the sexiest black and blue boards out there in my mind! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

The HOF card is a bit too expensive. I was planning on have the SSD hidden and not in view from the window. I will look into the sleeved cables :)

I can't get that motherboard, it's currently unavailable everywhere in Canada. Is the asrock one any good?

ASUS  has a white reference-ish design that keep popping up on my adds for this forum, might be cheaper.

See if you can get a nice asrock extreme board as they are the sexiest black and blue boards out there in my mind! 

they're a bit out of my price range :(

ASUS  has a white reference-ish design that keep popping up on my adds for this forum, might be cheaper.

I will look into that. Thanks!