What NIC is compatible with Windows Server 2012 r2

Campfirecrucifix
Go to solution Solved by pspfreak,

Anything should, just install windows 8 drivers for the NIC. 

Ok, so I am moving my minecraft server from a ubuntu machine to a windows server because I am SICK of all the errors and bugs that I encountered over the past 3 months with ubuntu.

After I installed windows server 2012 r2 (first time using windows server) I noticed my built-in Ethernet adapter wasn't working. I looked around and found out that only certain types of nic cards work with windows server.

I was wondering can anyone recommend me a CHEAP gigabit Ethernet adapter that I can buy at my local bestbuy that is compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2?

Ok, so I am moving my minecraft server from a ubuntu machine to a windows server because I am SICK of all the errors and bugs that I encountered over the past 3 months with ubuntu.

After I installed windows server 2012 r2 (first time using windows server) I noticed my built-in Ethernet adapter wasn't working. I looked around and found out that only certain types of nic cards work with windows server.

I was wondering can anyone recommend me a CHEAP gigabit Ethernet adapter that I can buy at my local bestbuy that is compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2?

Anything that works with 8.1. They use the same kernel, network stack and drivers. If your motherboard is Windows 8 Certified, you will have no problems running 2012 R2.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Anything that works with 8.1. They use the same kernel, network stack and drivers. If your motherboard is Windows 8 Certified, you will have no problems running 2012 R2.

Ok thank fucking god. Sorry but I have been having so much trouble with windows server for the past couple of days. I installed it on a windows 7 certified mobo (Asus Sabertooth Z87) before hand to test it out and I tired to install the drivers on there and they would not work. The mobo that I am using now (Gigabyte H97M-D3H) is windows 8 certified so I will give installing the drivers a shot. I hope it works.

Anything should, just install windows 8 drivers for the NIC. 

Ok I will try that right now.

Ok thank fucking god. Sorry but I have been having so much trouble with windows server for the past couple of days. I installed it on a windows 7 certified mobo (Asus Sabertooth Z87) before hand to test it out and I tired to install the drivers on there and they would not work. The mobo that I am using now (Gigabyte H97M-D3H) is windows 8 certified so I will give installing the drivers a shot. I hope it works.

Ok I will try that right now.

OMFG IT WORKS! IT WORKS! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH!

OMFG IT WORKS! IT WORKS! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH!

mark pspfreak response as the answer. 

Also most windows 7 drivers will also work.