Thinking of Upgrading CPU: A8-6600K vs AD760K

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

save up for a better system

A8 to 760K is just at most 10% gains

pick the i3 + H97 combo instead

What the title says.

I currently have an A8-6600K CPU. I'm wondering if upgrading to an AD760K (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7BYMB2/?tag=pcpapi-20)

Is currently worth it. Or if the performance gain is negligable. (or any?) If there's a better choice out there let me know. However, I am limited by my current FM2 motherboards lack of upgrade-ability beyond this point. Thanks for your help! This should be a rather simple question. I don't have the budget beyond 120$ ish, so I cant get a new motherboard.

"Gaming is the greatest gift of modern artists"

save up for a better system

A8 to 760K is just at most 10% gains

pick the i3 + H97 combo instead

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the 860k ($70) still needs a gpu 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

note he got a FM2 board

860k is FM2+

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

note he got a FM2 board

860k is FM2+

760k is also $70 not on amazon

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

760k is also $70 not on amazon

yea but given the upgrade path he got

he only getting like 10% gains

A8 to Intel i3 will be way better IMO

yea but given the upgrade path he got

he only getting like 10% gains

A8 to Intel i3 will be way better IMO

imma go ahead and say save up for a freaking quad core dual cores are dead to meh

Already have an R9 270x in the case. It's a system I've had for a year now. Tbh I'm mostly looking to get better GTAV performance. As I'm currently stuck at 37fps average.

Already have an R9 270x in the case. It's a system I've had for a year now. Tbh I'm mostly looking to get better GTAV performance. As I'm currently stuck at 37fps average.

jsut save up to get a cheap i5

also try optimizing with raptor

jsut save up to get a cheap i5

also try optimizing with raptor

Alright. I figured I was screwed. I made terrible choices first time around .. lol. Motherboards gonna have to be replaced, so I'd say we're looking at around 300$?

Also Raptr is useless. I can put all the settings on lowest, with a resolution of 720P and the FPS still hovers around 42 average. It's a cpu botleneck. (gpu usage in 1080p sits at 70% while cpu sits at 99%)

Alright. I figured I was screwed. I made terrible choices first time around .. lol. Motherboards gonna have to be replaced, so I'd say we're looking at around 300$?

possibly under $225

possibly under $225

I don't have an SSD either.. And I'm running stock cooler here. I have to get an 212 evo as even now my idle temperatures are at 70C. That's with the cpu fan running at 3000RPM. Sounds like a leaf blower on low..

I don't have an SSD either.. And I'm running stock cooler here. I have to get an 212 evo as even now my idle temperatures are at 70C. That's with the cpu fan running at 3000RPM. Sounds like a leaf blower on low..

eh I dont see SSDs as essential tried em out didnt feel that it was worth it

and all that does is make it $250 instead of $225

imma go ahead and say save up for a freaking quad core dual cores are dead to meh

shots fired

AAA games need quad cores

but Dota2 and LoL dont need quad cores