I Hate IEMs

mister_s

The truth is, I wish that I could use them , but I hate the concept of jamming something into my ear canal for a better seal.

bLLLKSb.jpg

This is as deep as I'm willing to put an in ear into my ear. Which as you can see, leaks at the bottom corner of my ear. Simply covering this corner with my finger makes them sound great.

So I'm wondering is there a way that I could use a larger foam ear-tip to seal that in? Or am I using the wrong size ear tips in general?

The truth is, I wish that I could use them , but I hate the concept of jamming something into my ear canal for a better seal.

This is as deep as I'm willing to put an in ear into my ear. Which as you can see, leaks at the bottom corner of my ear. Simply covering this corner with my finger makes them sound great.

So I'm wondering is there a way that I could use a larger foam ear-tip to seal that in? Or am I using the wrong size ear tips in general?

From that pic it looks like you're using ear tips that are too big. Try getting one of those generic kits with something like 5 different sizes and try them all out to see what you can get to work for you. Also, check out the Handy Tech for Under $100 where @LinusTech talks about the soft foam ear tips that Edzel uses.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Try out Comply ear tips. They're SOOOO comfy and they isolate better, resulting in a much better experience, and it can actually change the way your IEMs sound slightly.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Try out Comply ear tips. They're SOOOO comfy and they isolate better, resulting in a much better experience, and it can actually change the way your IEMs sound slightly.

Do you mean like these: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/t-400/

From that pic it looks like you're using ear tips that are too big. Try getting one of those generic kits with something like 5 different sizes and try them all out to see what you can get to work for you. Also, check out the Handy Tech for Under $100 where @LinusTech talks about the soft foam ear tips that Edzel uses.

Yeah, mine do come with different sizes, but I'm either too squeamish to push them in further or they just don't fit to the point that the always fall out.

so what about clip ons or the behind the head design ones.

there's not really much you can do if you don't like having in ears.... where you don't like having things in your ears

Try out some clip ons like Aphexx suggested. Most are cheap anyways.

Comply foam tips are expensive when you realize they don't last forever.

You hate earbuds, until you use this

31EvxctuTTL._SY300_.jpg

and get used to it. The most comfortable tips and also the most isolating I use, screw those memory foam tips

You hate earbuds, until you use this

31EvxctuTTL._SY300_.jpg

and get used to it. The most comfortable tips and also the most isolating I use, screw those memory foam tips

I've actually tried the two section version of those, I didn't find them comfortable at all. However I will admit that I only tried them about 3 times

I've cycled trough the tip sizes again and I don't think any of them fit me.

The large are too big to make a seal but feel the most comfortable, mediums come closest to making a seal but are slightly too big to go in any further, and the smalls are too small to make a seal.

I might try the memory foam ones. Not sure if it'll be worth it; I've never tried the foam ones before.

Small:

VdHxCID.jpg

Medium:

dnk70kA.jpg