is this a good pc for a budget rig ?

Hello :)

Here is my rig : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Wd6vFT

i would like to know if it is a good rig the money :)

My busget is of 770 $ and i live in canada.

Let me know if i posted ine the wrong section !

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Aziz Friha

pretty good though id go with an i3 and no special cooler because then you can get a nice board with usb 3.0 and no stupid vrm overheating issues like ive had with that board countless times.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What's the system being used for?

ill use it for only gaming and some rare unreal ungine 4

pretty good though id go with an i3 and no special cooler because then you can get a nice board with usb 3.0 and no stupid vrm overheating issues like ive had with that board countless times.

okay so wich board would you reccomend me ?

okay so wich board would you reccomend me ?

stay away from asus unless its a sabertooth 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Also why an i3 ?

yes that board is better well its not failed on me the many times ive brought it so i trust it.

Listen if you care.

Also why an i3 ?

board technology mainly, performance is rather similar.

Listen if you care.

But the amd fx is cheaper and has 6 cores

And some of the games i want to play needs more than 2 cores

yes that board is better well its not failed on me the many times ive brought it so i trust it.

Also there am imcomtability note : Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.

Flag compatibility notes as incorrect ?

Why ?

Also so the r9 280x is more powerful than the gtx 960 ?

But the amd fx is cheaper and has 6 cores

more power usage and weaker cores, over 2/3 years will be make the money back in energy savings, due to motherboard standards changing your boards life expectancy also increases.

And some of the games i want to play needs more than 2 cores

a modern i3 can go toe to toe with a 8350 in many games. There are few games on the market which amd can best a intel cpu these days, they havent updated and its starting to show.

Also there am imcomtability note : Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.

Flag compatibility notes as incorrect ?

Why ?

you shouldnt have a problem, well i never did, then again i only ever brought 8000 series cpus from amd, while i doubt it there it could be different for the 6000 series. it might be an early revision of that board so it only works with the 61xx processors

Listen if you care.

Also so the r9 280x is more powerful than the gtx 960 ?

gpu and cpus are completely different.

This will depend on the game thought, as far as im aware the 960 will best a 280x in most games, ive not been too up to date with gpus though so you might want to do some research especially in overclocked performance as that can be a tie breaker.

Listen if you care.

This will depend on the game thought, as far as im aware the 960 will best a 280x in most games, ive not been too up to date with gpus though so you might want to do some research especially in overclocked performance as that can be a tie breaker.

Like in gta v witch one is better ?

more power usage and weaker cores, over 2/3 years will be make the money back in energy savings, due to motherboard standards changing your boards life expectancy also increases.

a modern i3 can go toe to toe with a 8350 in many games. There are few games on the market which amd can best a intel cpu these days, they havent updated and its starting to show.

you shouldnt have a problem, well i never did, then again i only ever brought 8000 series cpus from amd, while i doubt it there it could be different for the 6000 series. it might be an early revision of that board so it only works with the 61xx processors

But for multitasking the amd fx is better than an i3 ? Yes ?

For exemple you cant play fc4 with a dual core or if you do it will directly crash

Also i dont want to OC

So ?

So ??

Like in gta v witch one is better ?

i3 wins at stock clocks, 6350 wins once overclocked. during night periods the i3 has much higher fps though. as you dont wish to overclock it should be an easy choice.

But for multitasking the amd fx is better than an i3 ? Yes ?

For exemple you cant play fc4 with a dual core or if you do it will directly crash

Also i dont want to OC

yes the i3s have dual cores but thanks to hyperthreading they have 4 logical cores, this means that windows will read it as for cores and so will the games. 

So ?

960 is better

Listen if you care.

i3 wins at stock clocks, 6350 wins once overclocked. during night periods the i3 has much higher fps though. as you dont wish to overclock it should be an easy choice.

yes the i3s have dual cores but thanks to hyperthreading they have 4 logical cores, this means that windows will read it as for cores and so will the games. 

960 is better

Okay so i changed to the gtx 960 from msi, so wich cpu do i choose (cause il Start a YouTube gaming Channel and il need to multitasking)

Also Ubisoft made a new patch and now you cant play fc4 with an i3

Okay so i changed to the gtx 960 from msi, so wich cpu do i choose (cause il Start a YouTube gaming Channel and il need to multitasking)

Also Ubisoft made a new patch and now you cant play fc4 with an i3

as a word of advise dont get far cry 4. it is far cry 4 but worse. id stick with the i3, if far cry 4 is very important to you then get the amd cpu. Though no games would alienate i3s anymore because cpu overhead isnt really a thing anymore, its just ubisoft being lazy.

Listen if you care.