AX only Sleeved cables

Benny867

Hey.

So yesterday i talked to a friend of mine who said that i could get some of his Sleeved cables for my new rig.

And when i got them today i discovered that they are only compatible with Corsair AX PSU's, and i have a RM PSU.

Is there any way i can make this wok? Connectors, transitions, extensions etc.?

Hey.

So yesterday i talked to a friend of mine who said that i could get some of his Sleeved cables for my new rig.

And when i got them today i discovered that they are only compatible with Corsair AX PSU's, and i have a RM PSU.

Is there any way i can make this wok? Connectors, transitions, extensions etc.?

Unless you want to go through the process of re-pinnning all the cables there is no easy way of making it work.

Unless you want to go through the process of re-pinnning all the cables there is no easy way of making it work.

Well is this something you would recommend? or is this just a waste of time?

(btw will this ruin my warranty on the PSU, bought it just a couple of days ago?)

Well is this something you would recommend? or is this just a waste of time?

(btw will this ruin my warranty on the PSU, bought it just a couple of days ago?)

Sleeved cables won't void the warranty but if you don't have the tools to remove all the pins and the proper diagrams for the pinouts I don't suggest you doing that. The best would be extensions if you want to save some money since they are interchangeable between different PSU's.

Sleeved cables won't void the warranty but if you don't have the tools to remove all the pins and the proper diagrams for the pinouts I don't suggest you doing that. The best would be extensions if you want to save some money since they are interchangeable between different PSU's.

is it possible to buy extensions that connects from the psu and to the sleeved cables?

is it possible to buy extensions that connects from the psu and to the sleeved cables?

If your talking about an adapter for the AX cables not that I know of. The extensions I'm taking about are just sleeve extensions like the bitfenix sleeved extensions which go on the end of the RM series flat cables.

If your talking about an adapter for the AX cables not that I know of. The extensions I'm taking about are just sleeve extensions like the bitfenix sleeved extensions which go on the end of the RM series flat cables.

ohh, i was talking about the adapters

AX or AXi?

AXi cables fit on RM, but not AX. Is there any way you could return them? Because there's no adapters available for AX to AXi/RM

"Rawr XD"

our C-Series is compatible with AX, AXi & RM - they are available in 12 colors: http://cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=36

Once you have purchased the C-Series in your color of choice please send the invoice to community@cablemod.com and then we will get you an AX 24 PIN cable.

our C-Series is compatible with AX, AXi & RM - they are available in 12 colors: http://cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=36

Once you have purchased the C-Series in your color of choice please send the invoice to community@CableMod.com and then we will get you an AX 24 PIN cable.

You do mean the 760/860 AX platinum psu from corsair correct? If so that's very tempting. Especially for the quality. You dont have the color I want except in extension cable sleeving though.

AX or AXi?

AXi cables fit on RM, but not AX. Is there any way you could return them? Because there's no adapters available for AX to AXi/RM

i cant return them because i got them for free from a friends who had some spare.