Portable amp for smartphone

smdMario

Hey there!

I bought a pair of Senheiser´s hd 558 and i also posses Bose´s AE2, i enjoy both of them a lot since they have a unique sound due to it´s open/close difference, minor downfall is that when i plug them to my XperiaZ2 i can´t get decent volumes so i am chained to my DAC (asus xonar u3) at my desk.

I was browsing for portable headphone amps over here and found within my budget the Fiio E11 kilimanjaro2:

1.-Is it a good option to give my mentioned cans the juice neccesary to keep me mobile?

2.- Will it work properly with my Xperia z2?

I thank you a lot for your feed back, excuse my english too!

Hey there!

I bought a pair of Senheiser´s hd 558 and i also posses Bose´s AE2, i enjoy both of them a lot since they have a unique sound due to it´s open/close difference, minor downfall is that when i plug them to my XperiaZ2 i can´t get decent volumes so i am chained to my DAC (asus xonar u3) at my desk.

I was browsing for portable headphone amps over here and found within my budget the Fiio E11 kilimanjaro2:

1.-Is it a good option to give my mentioned cans the juice neccesary to keep me mobile?

Unless your headphones aren't loud enough when plugged into your phone, you should be totally fine without them. Otherwise, yeah, it would work fine with your phone, it just uses a 3.5mm jack that goes from your phone to your amp. It's really simple to hook up. You should be fine with it :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Hey there!

I have the exact amp it should be greate for you

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

If your Z2 is already on lollipop then you'll be able to use digital out through micro USB port. I recommend iBasso D-zero, since it's a portable amp dac that also can be used as desktop amp/dac.

If your Z2 is already on lollipop then you'll be able to use digital out through micro USB port. I recommend iBasso D-zero, since it's a portable amp dac that also can be used as desktop amp/dac.

On that note, does anyone sell a micro USB to mini USB OTG cable? I woudl really like it if I could use a single cable, instead of adapting between my Fiio E07k and Galaxy S6... (although the S6 does sound very, very good.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On that note, does anyone sell a micro USB to mini USB OTG cable? I woudl really like it if I could use a single cable, instead of adapting between my Fiio E07k and Galaxy S6... (although the S6 does sound very, very good.)

you should measure the output impedance of your s6, my oneplus one has 3 ohm output impedance. There should be some sellers who make those stuffs

Well i bought the Fiio e11k and OMG it was night and day, my cans sound better than ever, i dare say even better than my asus DAC!!!!! Thank you guys!