Keyboard, mouse and headset choice.

Fostez

Hello everyone, I've finally decided to make account here. (Much lazy)

I need your feedback about my choices for keyboard, mouse and headset. Since I'm probably getting new rig soon, I want to replace peripherals too.

Currently I have A4Tech x7 mouse and keyboard, they're fine but I just want something more "fancy".

So first keyboard, I'm looking at Logitech G105, it has blue backlight (kinda what I'm looking for). At first I wanted CM Storm devastator/octane but then I changed my mind. Cost : 45$ (In my country, not dollars but I've converted it)

Mouse...well I'm looking at CM Storm Recon white, really beautiful mouse and it has fancy lights. Cost : 60$ -For mouse that's max I would pay.

Headset would be Plantronics Gamecom 388, I heard mic is really great for the price and overall sound is good. Cost : 35$

Total price is 140$, is it worth it?

I'm also kinda limited here where I live, this probably is the best I can get for money. Keyboards...I'm not even looking at the mechanical ones cuz they are pretty expensive. Mouse, I think it's pretty important for gaming so here are few other choices that I MAY consider (probably not tho) :                                       

CM Storm xornet, 14$ really cheap but I'm kinda worried about its size cuz it seems really small.

CM Storm Havoc, 60$ too, it looks nice, but Recon white is prettier imo

Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime, 60$, I still think Recon white looks the best.

Also there are some Genius and Natec genesis mice but I heard their quality isn't really great.

For a mouse, I'd recommend a Zowie.

As for the keyboard, if you're not buying a mechanic just buy a cheap membrane one.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

For a mouse, I'd recommend a Zowie.

As for the keyboard, if you're not buying a mechanic just buy a cheap membrane one.

Thanks for feedback, there are no Zowie mice in my country and it doesn't feel as sexy as that white mouse I linked :D

Well for keyboard I at least want it to have backlight (pref. blue), this seems like only decent one available.

Thanks for feedback, there are no Zowie mice in my country and it doesn't feel as sexy as that white mouse I linked :D

Well for keyboard I at least want it to have backlight (pref. blue), this seems like only decent one available.

The Storm Recon has a good sensor, nonetheless.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

Get a logitech g402 as mouse. It is a very good mouse and it has a blue light but if you wan't a more premium mouse than take the Razer Deathadder. Dont buy the Storm Recon since it has only a 60 ips which is not enough for the most games. Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOKJy-4kwxkk2RFXPWERGmK5leBTVEZeEkgxffK2tqI/edit#gid=0

The Mices marked with a X are the on best for gaming. BTW:The list is not by me but i can mostly agree with it.

Get a logitech g402 as mouse. It is a very good mouse and it has a blue light but if you wan't a more premium mouse than take the Razer Deathadder. Dont buy the Storm Recon since it has only a 60 ips which is not enough for the most games. Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOKJy-4kwxkk2RFXPWERGmK5leBTVEZeEkgxffK2tqI/edit#gid=0

The Mices marked with a X are the on best for gaming. BTW:The list is not by me but i can mostly agree with it.

That list is straight up retarded.

Can you explain me why is 60 ips not enough, and how does it impact on gaming? I've seen a lot of good reviews about this mouse.

That list is straight up retarded.

Why do you think so ?

Can you explain me why is 60 ips not enough, and how does it impact on gaming? I've seen a lot of good reviews about this mouse.

Personally it would not be enough for me when playing cs:go. I mostly reach about 60 to 70 on regular bases. It should be enough if you play GTA or Sims or something like this. When you get over the 60 ips your mouse will act wiredly and you can't react as quick. Since it stops tracking when it gets to fast. Proof that it is only 60 ips = http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/recon/

60 IPS is just Manufactorer Spec, real Malfunction Speed is ofc higher.

It should also be noted that Recon has unstable polling rate as long as the lights are on.

I had a old Logitech Mouse which was rated at 40 IPS and it was terrible to play with it but i never had a Cooler Master Storm Recon in my Hand and never played with it.

I had a old Logitech Mouse which was rated at 40 IPS and it was terrible to play with it but i never had a Cooler Master Storm Recon in my Hand and never played with it.

If you look at other 3090 mice you will see that they are all rated for 60IPS, because of manufacturer spec.

I used and i can personally recommend the:

Razer Deathadder Chroma and non Chroma

Logitech G402

Corsair Sabre RGB (Clawgrip Mouse)

Zowie FK1 (i often missclicked the buttons on the right side if the mouse but just unbind them)

Roccat Kone Pure Optical (backheavy)

If you look at other 3090 mice you will see that they are all rated for 60IPS, because of manufacturer spec.

Yes i know. My friend has a Roccat Savu which has the same sensor and he says that it is awesome in 90% of the games but it in cs:go it is annoying . Also low ips speeds only borther you on low sensitivity settings.

Well now I can't decide between Hyperion fury and that CM Recon...Basically pros for CM are Good looking and multiple colors for LED...everything else Hyperion fury all the way...

I don't really play much FPS games, but I'm gonna get CS:GO together with new CPU, gonna play BF3 since on my current rig it's really laggy.

Altho I would mostly use blue led color so I guess this is fine, I think you changed my mind here...Probably going for Logitech Hyperion Fury :) Gonna be great since I'll get that Logitech keyboard too.

Why do you think so ?

>Performance MX

>good gaming mouse

>Zowie mice

>not good gaming mice

>Performance MX

>good gaming mouse

>Zowie mice

>not good gaming mice

BTW:The list is not by me but i can mostly agree with it.

Yes i know. My friend has a Roccat Savu which has the same sensor and he says that it is awesome in 90% of the games but it in cs:go it is annoying . Also low ips speeds only borther you on low sensitivity settings.

Savu can achieve 4+m/s on the right surface, for example on the taito.

I'm planning on upgrading my headset to Cloud 2 later this year.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE