what do I need other then speakers?

jan-pieter14

I found a couple of speakers but that's all I have. What else do I need to get them up and running as cheap as possible? Only an amplifier and cables or more stuff and what wattage amplifier would I need. (a picture with all the information of the speakers will be attached to this post) Amazon links would be nice but please remember I have to add shipping cost to Belgium.

post-196081-0-75757100-1432661221_thumb.

Laptops: Acer VN7-592G (I5-6300HQ, 960m), Lenovo P43s

Phones: LG V30, Samsung S10

Speakers: 2 ALR Jordan 3M's (120W each)

Amplifier: SMSL SA-98E

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM3, Sennheiser Momentum

Well i think the speaker wants 30w minimum and can handle power up to 120w, so perhaps 40+w amps will be fine

I found a couple of speakers but that's all I have. What else do I need to get them up and running as cheap as possible? Only an amplifier and cables or more stuff and what wattage amplifier would I need. (a picture with all the information of the speakers will be attached to this post) Amazon links would be nice but please remember I have to add shipping cost to Belgium.

you'll need an amplifier that is capable of driving a 4 ohm load, in the 50-75 watt per channel range would be my recommendation. what's your price range?

I really have no idea, what an amp would cost...

An 80w amp should cover you. You will also need a 3.5mm jack to whatever the amp takes (usually phono). Then your speaker should connect like this:
HT_speaker4.jpg

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

Seems really nice, if you could find a cheaper one that would be great but this I'll keep this one in mind!

Btw does the wattage make any difference in the loudness of your speakers? Sorry but i'm a real noob in audio stuff..

it should work, but that amp seems to have pretty iffy quality and reliability, and return shipping in your case would be pretty pricy I am sure.

wattage does make speakers louder, but doubling power only adds 3 decibels. anything above 30 watts per channel is usually enough for small rooms and scenarios where you are a few meters from the speaker, about 100 watts per channel will fill a very large room at high volumes.

this is all estimation, dependent on the speakers, the room, and the preferences.

if you can't shell out the money for the Dayton audio amp, my recommendation would be to try to pick up a good stereo receiver used. 

Btw does the wattage make any difference in the loudness of your speakers? Sorry but i'm a real noob in audio stuff..

Watts don't mean as much as the current being output by your receiver.

Get something like a 50watt amp but with 25amps of current.  Look at its frequency response as well.  If an amp is only rated like 40hz-18khz, run away from it.

Get one that's a full 20hz-20khz