Is my gpu dying?

Uwillparish

Hey guys,

I have a EVGA gtx 780 that i have watercooled(using kraken g10) that is in my main rig, And recently in GTA 5 ive noticed white dots flickering on my screen, It doesn't happen anywhere else, probably as i dont play any more hard to run games, and also more recently its been lag spiking on GTA 5, however, there is a memory leak, and sometimes ill go down to ~0.2gb left, it still concerns me though. I also read it could be the PSU, which concerns me too, because i had to replace my last psu with this one because the other one failed 9 months after i bought it, and its been 9 months, so possibly its the PSU dying again?

Thanks,

-Lar095070

Hey guys,

I have a EVGA gtx 780 that i have watercooled(using kraken g10) that is in my main rig, And recently in GTA 5 ive noticed white dots flickering on my screen, It doesn't happen anywhere else, probably as i dont play any more hard to run games, and also more recently its been lag spiking on GTA 5, however, there is a memory leak, and sometimes ill go down to ~0.2gb left, it still concerns me though. I also read it could be the PSU, which concerns me too, because i had to replace my last psu with this one because the other one failed 9 months after i bought it, and its been 9 months, so possibly its the PSU dying again?

Thanks,

-Lar095070

run valley benchmark and see if it happens in that also. could just be a gta 5 problem

Hey guys,

Thanks,

-Lar095070

Simply run benchmarks and watch your temperatures.

Which PSU are you using?

Simply run benchmarks and watch your temperatures.

Which PSU are you using?

temps are fine, goes max 75C

Im running the rosewill lightning 1000w, i know, i chose it when i had a different case and wanted dem lights

EDIT: just ran a bit of unigine heaven and i noticed a bit of flickering, hard to tell if thats intentional though

temps are fine, goes max 75C

Im running the rosewill lightning 1000w, i know, i chose it when i had a different case and wanted dem lights

I'm pretty sure your PSU is not the problem.

Did you try a benchmark or did you simply read the temps while playing GTA V?

I would definitly try benchmarks, cause otherwise you won't know if it's actually your GPU or not.

I'm pretty sure your PSU is not the problem.

Did you try a benchmark or did you simply read the temps while playing GTA V?

I would definitly try benchmarks, cause otherwise you won't know if it's actually your GPU or not.

i read temps while playing gta 5, im gonna go see temps with furmark

Hey guys,

Thanks,

-Lar095070

If you OCd it a few years back, it might be time to dial it back a notch, esp if you upped the voltage a lot. At least that popped to mind when hearing something that might be artifacting. Really only hear about "degredation" with regards to heavily OC'd CPUs though.

Maybe try running at stock bor a bit just to try and narrow down all the possibilities? It's probably not the issue esp. if you're getting .2GB of VRAM, but it's worth it to just take as many variables out of the question as possible.

I don't do signatures.

i read temps while playing gta 5, im gonna go see temps with furmark

I meant more, that you should see if the same problem happens with a benchmark.

If you OCd it a few years back, it might be time to dial it back a notch, esp if you upped the voltage a lot. At least that popped to mind when hearing something that might be artifacting. Really only hear about "degredation" with regards to heavily OC'd CPUs though.

Maybe try running at stock bor a bit just to try and narrow down all the possibilities? It's probably not the issue esp. if you're getting .2GB of VRAM, but it's worth it to just take as many variables out of the question as possible.

not running a OC, never touched voltages

I meant more, that you should see if the same problem happens with a benchmark.

What do you mean? more what? also i tested with furmark, maxes out at about 79 degrees 

not running a OC, never touched voltages

What do you mean? more what? also i tested with furmark, maxes out at about 79 degrees 

That is what happens when I'm trying to translate a german sentence into english in my brain. Doesn't really work out.

I meant, that you should try a benchmark to see if the same problem happens in a different application and not to check your temperatures.

First I thought the temperatures might be a problem, but they're pretty low anyways.

That is what happens when I'm trying to translate a german sentence into english in my brain. Doesn't really work out.

I meant, that you should try a benchmark to see if the same problem happens in a different application and not to check your temperatures.

First I thought the temperatures might be a problem, but they're pretty low anyways.

i did, and i noticed some flickering in unigine heaven