New school laptop ~$1000 AUD

Benjals
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

Yeah, it looks pretty good.

Is there a huge difference between the 950M and the 960M?

massive http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950M.138026.0.html

about 50% or more. http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960M.134806.0.html

So I'm in need of a laptop for school/general gaming as the one I have been supplied with is pretty dead and old at this point.
Considering I'll have this for the next couple of years I will at least want it to have a bit of power, but I'm not really sure what GPU to go for.
I pretty much play LoL, GTA V, and a bunch of other source games, and then the basic school work stuff. so I'm guessing it doesn't have to be too powerful.

Initially I wanted to go with a laptop from Lenovo, but when I read reviews for the GPUs in their mid range systems they didn't look too good.

I was considering one in the multimedia line of laptops, though I don't think the GT 820M is really that powerful for what I want to do.

So now I'm considering a laptop from Metabox, but I don't know what to choose still lol.
So basically, is a GTX 850M enough for what I'll be doing or should I be bumping up to a GTX 950M? Or was my initial assumption wrong and I'm bad at research?

Oh and yeah, looking for a 15 - 17 inch laptop, don't care about slimness.

I think that metabox sale will be your best bet, but you should REALLY get 960M if you want to play newest games...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I think that metabox sale will be your best bet, but you should REALLY get 960M if you want to play newest games...

massive http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950M.138026.0.html

about 50% or more. http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960M.134806.0.html

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So I'm in need of a laptop for school/general gaming as the one I have been supplied with is pretty dead and old at this point.

Considering I'll have this for the next couple of years I will at least want it to have a bit of power, but I'm not really sure what GPU to go for.

I pretty much play LoL, GTA V, and a bunch of other source games, and then the basic school work stuff. so I'm guessing it doesn't have to be too powerful.

Initially I wanted to go with a laptop from Lenovo, but when I read reviews for the GPUs in their mid range systems they didn't look too good.

I was considering one in the multimedia line of laptops, though I don't think the GT 820M is really that powerful for what I want to do.

So now I'm considering a laptop from Metabox, but I don't know what to choose still lol.

So basically, is a GTX 850M enough for what I'll be doing or should I be bumping up to a GTX 950M? Or was my initial assumption wrong and I'm bad at research?

Oh and yeah, looking for a 15 - 17 inch laptop, don't care about slimness.

Your budget is too tight if you want a laptop to play GTA V.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap