reinstalling windows with my mobo?

ExcitezR

so I know how to reinstall windows done it so many times but I have all ways done it via a memory stick. my motherboard only has 2 USB 2.0 ports which is they only ports that work with out drivers right?

I have a USB 3.0 hub if I plug it in to a USB 2 port will it give me 7 USB 2.0 ports and will it work when reinstalling windows?

I don't have a dvd drive or a disc

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

never try that before

no harm trying i guess

the hub should behave like a 2.0 hub

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The hub WILL behave as a USB 2 port. There's no point in using it as there is now more room for error.

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

Plugging the hub into a USB 2.0 port should make it behave just like USB 2.0 ports.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Plugging the hub into a USB 2.0 port should make it behave just like USB 2.0 ports.

The hub WILL behave as a USB 2 port. There's no point in using it as there is now more room for error.

never try that before

no harm trying i guess

the hub should behave like a 2.0 hub

hey i just remembered i have a mouse and keyboard combo which are wireless but only need one dongle would that work?

PC PART PICKER

hey i just remembered i have a mouse and keyboard combo which are wireless but only need one dongle would that work?

yes it should

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I have not had the best luck with wireless keyboards and such, Sometimes they need drivers to even "speak" with the computer.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I have not had the best luck with wireless keyboards and such, Sometimes they need drivers to even "speak" with the computer.

thats what i was worried about 

PC PART PICKER

thats what i was worried about 

I had a rubbish cheapy wireless mouse i got from asda and it worked just fine in the bios and windows install.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´