random realization about titan X

BurgerBum
Go to solution Solved by Opcode,

i forget, does the stock titan x cooler's vapor chamber cover those modules too? 

Not sure honestly, might find a disassemble guide (waterblocking) on YouTube that will explain more.

Looks like a cooling plate just like the original TITAN.

considering 

THIS

http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2015/03/geforce-titanx-shroud-off-100573544-orig.png

is its cooler... 90 degrees doesnt sound bad. 

and putting a rather beastly CPU cooler and getting some good airflow through it would sound pretty freaking smart. 

why no one alrady do this. 

cmon. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

considering 

THIS

http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2015/03/geforce-titanx-shroud-off-100573544-orig.png

is its cooler... 90 degrees doesnt sound bad. 

and putting a rather beastly CPU cooler and getting some good airflow through it would sound pretty freaking smart. 

why no one alrady do this. 

cmon. 

TBH, dissipating the titan X's heat through such small heatsink is actually quite impressive.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

TBH, dissipating the titan X's heat through such small heatsink is actually quite impressive.

go look at some really high powered dual/quad socket 1u servers and come back to me. Lesson? Anything can be cooled with a small heatsink if you are willing to make it sound like a 747 getting fucked in the turbine by a screaming dragon. 

(This analogy is brought to you by Delta Fans. Delta Fans- Surely you don't need all of your fingers?)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Someone has done that on other cards. Here's with an air cooler:

And here's liquid cooling:

i know with other cards. who doesnt. i plan on doign that to my 7870 soon. 

but the titan x

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

The gpu core itself is not the issue, rather the vrm and vram modules that become alarmingly hot. 

I can keep the core at a respectable 70 degrees (or less with max fan speed...overclocked too). I can burn my finger if left on a vram module for mere 3 seconds.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

go look at some really high powered dual/quad socket 1u servers and come back to me. Lesson? Anything can be cooled with a small heatsink if you are willing to make it sound like a 747 getting fucked in the turbine by a screaming dragon. 

(This analogy is brought to you by Delta Fans. Delta Fans- Surely you don't need all of your fingers?)

that was a rather interesting description and i still do not know what to think of it

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

People just opt out for the best option available, slapping an AIO onto the card. Although like stated the GDDR5 on the TITAN X is a big source of heat.

01-PCB.jpg

That's like starting 12 small twig fires around a bottle of beer and expecting it to stay cold. She needs at least some stick-on heatsinks.

that was a rather interesting description and i still do not know what to think of it

This is a mild one 

delta brand fans

Tried to find the one witht he guy blowing his toolbox off of a table, cause this video really doesn't do it justice with that rough table. 

Sunon fans are also notable. 

Oh and this guy puts 12 120mm delta fans in a baffle box, cause, you know...why not

Linus should do this in a vertical baffle box for the room cooling

Benefits

-more weather proof

-the noise is reduced to less than an air conditioner, and it's outside...so yah why noctua

-much better cooling capacity

Negatives

-someone will surely loose a finger

-LTT can't afford the power draw

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

People just opt out for the best option available, slapping an AIO onto the card. Although like stated the GDDR5 on the TITAN X is a big source of heat.

That's like starting 12 small twig fires around a bottle of beer and expecting it to stay cold. She needs at least some stick-on heatsinks.

i forget, does the stock titan x cooler's vapor chamber cover those modules too? 

-Jim Hensen

Not sure honestly, might find a disassemble guide (waterblocking) on YouTube that will explain more.

awesome. 

looks like i have an issue to solve. 

how hard do you think it would be to make a separate cooler for all the modules? O.o 

i'd prefer to shy away from water cooling. its just my personal preference. :P

if i can go and get metal cut for 11x the cost it would be just to water cool. then i will. :P

maybe go have a laser cutter carve out some heatsinks?

-Jim Hensen