Installed the Witcher 3 patch 1.04...Broke the game

mckrackin5324

It says that it cannot load game saves because they were made with a NEWER version of the game. WTF?

Only option is to start over? 

I'd sooner slam my weeny in a sliding glass door as to start this tedious crap over.

16 hours...POOF

I'd sooner slam my weeny in a sliding glass door as to start this tedious crap over.

Dude, this has made my day :D sorry for offtopic

It says that it cannot load game saves because they were made with a NEWER version of the game. WTF?

16 hours...POOF

A good practice is to backup your saves before you do any updates. You learned this the hard way. Uninstall the game and install again without the 1.04 patch. BTW- works fine for me.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

A good practice is to backup your saves before you do any updates. You learned this the hard way. Uninstall the game and install again without the 1.04 patch. BTW- works fine for me.

Screw that. It was a download. A two day download. :blink:

I was copying it to USB flash at the time but I'm afraid the "upgrade" will apply itself to the flash too.

Thanks for the tip for future reference though.

After the patch,it says the game is version 1.02 and before it was 1.03.

Why would the 1.04 patch make the game roll back to an older version?

I've tried to install 1.04 but it keeps saying it's already applied but I launch the game and it's 1.02

Wow, I hope Steam didn't auto download that. If I have to restart I might not come back to the game.

No cloud saves?

All the saves are there. They were just incompatible with this version of the game.

I did the "Verify and Repair" thing on GoG and it did ANOTHER 500MB download to repair the game and now the saves are back in working order.

I have no clue why the newest patch rolled the game back to an earlier version than I had.

But it works now....

Just uninstall and re down the game. Cloud should keep saves and you should be good

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor

the .04 patch somehow makes my game crash every now and then. with all the older versions there were no problems :( hope they fix this soon.. @mckrackin5324 "16 hours...POOF" pfff, I'm already 60hours in ^^

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

I'm so glad I didn't buy this game... maybe later when it's $5.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Did you verify the game yet?

If it's saying it's 1.02 then maybe something got messed up

Edit I am an idiot for not reading the whole post

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Did you verify the game yet?

If it's saying it's 1.02 then maybe something got messed up

Edit I am an idiot for not reading the whole post

You are not an idiot for doing that.  At least 50% of the users on this forum do that, if not more. :P

16 hours...POOF

Install patch 1.03 again

might work :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: