Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers not working properly.

Go to solution Solved by WastedPenguinZ,

EDIT:

Fixed it, had to tick out swap between center/subwoofer output option.

UdP0XEu.png

Hello guys, this is my very first topic on this forum, I've been browsing it for some time now and I felt like this is the best place where I could get the best support and assistance.

Today my Logitech Z506 (5.1) arrived, I installed everything correctly, there's no way to mess things up since the cables are colored along with the ports.

I tried to configure everything so I can hear music output from all speakers but it seems like only 2 of them work.

I opened the realtek audio manager, changed it to 5.1 Output, enabled Center, Subwoofer, Side pair, Front left and right, Surround speakers settings.

Whenever I click the "Test" button, it plays a "ding" sound on every single speaker (all five of them + the subwoofer) - that means I configured everything correctly.

However, when I try to play a song on YouTube for example - only 2 speakers work.

I tried downloading a song and play it with KMPlayer - yet, only 2 of them worked, not all of them.

Any assistance would be appreciated, please help  :(

Is it possible that only videos and movies which are designed for 5.1 surround would work on all speakers? Aren't most standard clips on YouTube in stereo?

Hmm, I don't think I need any files for it, my cousin has logitech 5.1 but older one as well as two of my friends.

I'd like to point out that I just edited the DTS connect settings at Realtek Manager

http://i.imgur.com/gxn3iD0.png

All of them work except the center one, any idea what to do about that?

Bump, still haven't fixed it, tried browsing the forum for solutions but couldn't find any :(

EDIT:

UdP0XEu.png

EDIT:

May I ask how you like these speakers? I've been looking for a set of speakers and had these in mind since they are less than $100 and have good reviews. I'm curious what scenario you are using these speakers in as well. I plan to use them in a desktop scenario, so if you have an opinion on how that would work please tell. Anyway, if you will, let me know what you think about these speakers. Oh also, what software is that you are using to configure these speakers? Is it a Logitech software or different?

Thanks, Tyler

May I ask how you like these speakers? I've been looking for a set of speakers and had these in mind since they are less than $100 and have good reviews. I'm curious what scenario you are using these speakers in as well. I plan to use them in a desktop scenario, so if you have an opinion on how that would work please tell. Anyway, if you will, let me know what you think about these speakers. Oh also, what software is that you are using to configure these speakers? Is it a Logitech software or different?

Thanks, Tyler

Hello there,

The software I'm using is from the sound card so called "Realtek HD Audio Manager".

I was also curious whether the speakers would need a separate software given the fact that both their keyboards and mouses use it but you pretty much connect them to the PC (there's an instruction in the box which is pretty easy to follow).

All you have to do is change the settings to 5.1 and they will work without any issues.

As for the other question, I use them on my Desktop PC, I could use them for cinema but I'm kinda lazy to unplug everything and re-plug it back later.

The speakers are amazing, the bass is very good as for the sound outcome - it has perfect quality especially if you're listening to 320Kbps audio files.

I bought them for around 90€ and I must say that I'm not regretting that I ordered the Z506, I strongly recommend you the speakers if you're willing to use them for desktop scenario ;)