Why is the 760 so expensive?

Oseth
Go to solution Solved by Oseth,

AH!!! Derp, I forgot that they stopped making them.

So I've been poking around to maybe possible SLI my 760 and I came across something odd. It seems that the EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX is like over $400 bucks. Can someone tell me why in the world is this card so much more expensive then other 760s or even the newere 960s.

it might be the just the distributor. sometimes i see things on amazon that make me spit my drink out

They are not being made anymore, get one second hand.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

They stopped making the 7 series so they are hard to come by and still have a good demand for people wanting to go SLI so the prices are still high, because they know people that are in your case are going to want to buy them. Supply and demand..

-snip-

Not being made anymore and stores are short on them.

FYI SLI 760 is not worth it. SLI 960 not as well

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah, I feel your pain, I have a 780 SC and they are impossible to find, even harder than the 760's and 770's, and I won't even talk about the price..

There all over Ebay, seems simple and straightforward to find to me.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

The second hand price is fairly inflated from what I have seen... more people buying second hand ones to SLI than people selling them to upgrade...

I see 670s for for much less and they are almost identical

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

So I've been poking around to maybe possible SLI my 760 and I came across something odd. It seems that the EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX is like over $400 bucks. Can someone tell me why in the world is this card so much more expensive then other 760s or even the newere 960s.

Depends on where you're buying, but since the 760 is no longer being produced the only ones available are likely in the hands of third-party price-gougers. There's a lot of buyers out there who don't know how much a GTX 760 should cost.

If you want to get another 760 at this point, Ebay may be your only recourse.

Because nvidia

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor