[Help]First time building

Hello, i posted this on /r/buildapc yesterday and with help i created this one build that i like. i was hoping that i could get another view on the build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($218.85 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290X 4GB Direct CU II Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $771.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 01:58 EDT-0400

This is off reddit

What is your intended use for this build? 

90%Gaming/10%Work I am upgrading from a 555m laptop. I think is time to upgrade to a desktop.

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)

1080p+, 60FPS, High+

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

$1000-1200

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

United States

Now i started off with this build that was $1100(had windows 8 and a new SDD in the build) and we refined it to the current build above.

Things to note:

I am not over clocking

My Budget is max $1000-1200(still lower is better)

I have a SDD 

I have Windows 8.1 Pro

I will not be getting a 1440p monitor for at least 6 months(i just bought my current one 6 months ago and would have no space for a new one)

Any advice on things to add in or change parts would be great.

I would recommend switching to two 4gb stick of memory, which would double your memory bandwidth as your second memory controller is sitting there doing nothing unless you have at least 2 sticks of RAM (placed in matching color slots)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NyqHZL

I know it's stretching the budget a tad but it'll all be worth it.  ;)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I would recommend switching to two 4gb stick of memory, which would double your memory bandwidth as your second memory controller is sitting there doing nothing unless you have at least 2 sticks of RAM (placed in matching color slots)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($218.85 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290X 4GB Direct CU II Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $770.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 02:29 EDT-0400

why did you choose each part?

Alright, here it goes. I'll just list each part I changed.

Motherboard: Why would you want a micro ATX motherboard anyway? The one I have chosen looks much nicer and will perform a lot better.

CPU Cooler: It's a 212 EVO, is there any more to say? 

Video Card: I don't think you knew this but the DCU II Cooler is garbage, it looks bad, cools like sh*t, it's loud, and has coil whine. So I changed it to the Twin FROZR 290X instead, you could always get a 970 but the 3.5GB of VRAM doesn't help with 1440p gaming.

RAM: I just changed it for the sake of changing it. It looks better, it is 2X4GB instead of 1X8GB, and is just better RAM in general.

Case: Oh man, you will not regret getting the Enthoo Luxe, it comes with an LED strip around the sides of the front panel to suit your red and black scheme, has lots of awesome cable routing grommets, has some pretty nice case fans, is made of MUCH better materials and is awesome to build in.

PSU: You don't need 620W for a non-overclockable CPU and a 290X, although the 290X will consume some decent power you don't need that much unless you want to OC your GPU which you may need to do when the 290X isn't good enough for the newer games in 2016. The RM series is great aswell, with a full modular PSU cable management is much easier and the nice 80+ Gold efficiency rating is a nice pus to for a peace of mind.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Alright, here it goes. I'll just list each part I changed.

Motherboard: Why would you want a micro ATX motherboard anyway? The one I have chosen looks much nicer and will perform a lot better.

CPU Cooler: It's a 212 EVO, is there any more to say? 

Video Card: I don't think you knew this but the DCU II Cooler is garbage, it looks bad, cools like sh*t, it's loud, and has coil whine. So I changed it to the Twin FROZR 290X instead, you could always get a 970 but the 3.5GB of VRAM doesn't help with 1440p gaming.

RAM: I just changed it for the sake of changing it. It looks better, it is 2X4GB instead of 1X8GB, and is just better RAM in general.

Case: Oh man, you will not regret getting the Enthoo Luxe, it comes with an LED strip around the sides of the front panel to suit your red and black scheme, has lots of awesome cable routing grommets, has some pretty nice case fans, is made of MUCH better materials and is awesome to build in.

PSU: You don't need 620W for a non-overclockable CPU and a 290X, although the 290X will consume some decent power you don't need that much unless you want to OC your GPU which you may need to do when the 290X isn't good enough for the newer games in 2016. The RM series is great aswell, with a full modular PSU cable management is much easier and the nice 80+ Gold efficiency rating is a nice pus to for a peace of mind.

The RM series is overpriced for what it is to be honest, with meh internals and a ripoff price to go with it. It is worse than the original PSU chosen

He will also be spending $200 ish for 0 performance benefit

The Twin Frozr is actually the 290X card that runs hottest from all the coolers, excluding the reference from the tests I have seen, though as you said it is one of the quieter ones

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($91.55 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($59.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case Fan: Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.79 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $784.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 04:56 EDT-0400

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

SNIP

Z97 board for a non-overclocked system?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Z97 board for a non-overclocked system?

Z97 supports memory of 1600Mhz +

If a CPU upgrade is ever put through, such as an i7 4790k or Broadwell chip in the future, the new CPU will be overclockable, with H97 this option will not be there so much

If he can afford it, why not?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

The RM series is overpriced for what it is to be honest, with meh internals and a ripoff price to go with it. It is worse than the original PSU chosen

He will also be spending $200 ish for 0 performance benefit

The Twin Frozr is actually the 290X card that runs hottest from all the coolers, excluding the reference from the tests I have seen, though as you said it is one of the quieter ones

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($91.55 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($59.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case Fan: Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.79 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $784.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 04:56 EDT-0400

Okay so why the different CPU? also what is different  between the VidCards?

Okay so why the different CPU? also what is different  between the VidCards?

The XFX is now cheaper, the Asus rebate is gone so is no longer $269.99

The i5 I posted is very close in performance to the 4690, despite being considerably cheaper also

The XFX is now cheaper, the Asus rebate is gone so is no longer $269.99

The i5 I posted is very close in performance to the 4690, despite being considerably cheaper also

why the new case and added fan?