Bottle Neck Help

DonnieL

Well as the title states I am trying to find the bottle neck in my system.  Let me start off by saying that I would consider myself new to the PC world and my knowledge is not where a lot of you are.  I currently have a Dell XPS 8700 with factory 8 gigabytes of ram and mother board but have upgraded the gpu to a refrence r9 290, processor to an i5 4670k and the PSU to a 750watt unit.  I am using 3 Planar PLL2770W 27" monitors 14ms response time and 60hz refresh rate.  I have noticed that when playing GTA V the best FPS I can get is 39 and it usually stutters and has some slight screen tearing that looks pixelated.  My question is, is the problem my monitors, GPU or elsewhere.  Note, I usually run iRacing and set my max fps to 110 and never have any issues but I think GTA V is a hell of a lot more taxing on my system.  Any help would be greatly appreciate and please try not to flame me to bad!

Link to the monitors I have: http://www.planar.com/products/desktop-touch-screen-monitors/24-inch/pll2770w/planar-pll2770w/

You'd be correct in assuming that GTA V is indeed more taxing on your system components. Powering that kind of visual set up with three monitors on top of the resolution you are most likely running (around 1080p or 4K unless you for some reason love 1024X768 and it really gets you going....*shivers*) is extremely demanding on your graphics card. I'd say that your bottleneck is the GPU...but I could very well be wrong and someone else may know better than I. I'm not very up to date on my AMD graphics cards as of late.

I didn't ask what it was designed to do, I asked what it was capable of doing.

With my 3 monitors i set up GTA V to 5760x1080 and I know that what I am using is not 4k.

With my 3 monitors i set up GTA V to 5760x1080 and I know that what I am using is not 4k.

I wasn't trying to offend you, I was only joking around :)

I didn't ask what it was designed to do, I asked what it was capable of doing.

Haha not offended at all just didn't catch your sarcasm and I was just clarifying what I had it set too.