Headset

Scarymonkeys

So I've decided that it's time for an audio upgrade. I'm currently using the Apple earbuds that came with my iPhone 5. They're decent earbuds but they just don't capture the audio quality I want. I want hear more detail and more enticing sounds. Just not enough. (Though they're all you really need.)

So I've decided that I'll be on a $50-70 budget. (Would like to keep it under $60.) I do not need a microphone with them, as I have a Yehti Stereo Blue microphone. I did some research and a lot of people seem to recommend Audio-Technicha, AZIO, or Turtle Beach. I'm really not to knowledgable on this subject so please bare with me. xD

All opinions and suggestions are highly appreciated.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check them out. More recommendations are highly appreciated. I'm also curious as to if the Turtle Beach PX11's are decent.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

So I've decided that it's time for an audio upgrade. I'm currently using the Apple earbuds that came with my iPhone 5. They're decent earbuds but they just don't capture the audio quality I want. I want hear more detail and more enticing sounds. Just not enough. (Though they're all you really need.)

So I've decided that I'll be on a $50-70 budget. (Would like to keep it under $60.) I do not need a microphone with them, as I have a Yehti Stereo Blue microphone. I did some research and a lot of people seem to recommend Audio-Technicha, AZIO, or Turtle Beach. I'm really not to knowledgable on this subject so please bare with me. xD

The Audio Technica ATH M20xs are pretty good, go for the M30xs if you can afford em tho :P

I've got the M20x, very comfortable headphones, and they sound quite nice too! (Though I also use mixer thing on my phone and computer, but even without it, they still sound pretty good)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

g430's

HyperX Cloud Pro

You guys obviously didn't read.. g430's suck badly and they have a mic, clouds are decent but also have a mic which he does not need.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

If you don't want a mic, then what you're looking for is a headphone. Basically, headset = headphone + integrated mic.

Open backed generally sounds more natural and less fatiguing, but closed backed isolates the sound more (keeping the world from hearing what you're hearing). Add a bit and you can get AD500x. Or, a superlux should be fine, if you wanna keep it minimal.

You guys obviously didn't read.. g430's suck badly and they have a mic, clouds are decent but also have a mic which he does not need.

Obviously you don't know shit. The mic comes detached so if he wants it he can put it on.

I don't need the mic is what I meant but it's alright if it has one.

PC and Peripherals:

If you don't want a mic, then what you're looking for is a headphone. Basically, headset = headphone + integrated mic.

Open backed generally sounds more natural and less fatiguing, but closed backed isolates the sound more (keeping the world from hearing what you're hearing). Add a bit and you can get AD500x. Or, a superlux should be fine, if you wanna keep it minimal.

I'll check them out.

PC and Peripherals:

Obviously you don't know shit. The mic comes detached so if he wants it he can put it on.

*facepalm* idiot of the day award goes too!

for the OP you should probably go with a  AD500x. Or, a superlux as creatip said, g430 is uter trash and you don't need a mic nor would you even want it, clouds are ok but there not the best, basically a 60 dollar headset with a 10 dollar mic attached to it, and is out of your price range, plus why buy a mic which you don't need, when you get buy something with better audio quality.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

for the OP you should probably go with a  AD500x. Or, a superlux as creatip said, g430 is uter trash and you don't need a mic nor would you even want it, clouds are ok but there not the best, basically a 60 dollar headset with a 10 dollar mic attached to it, and is out of your price range, plus why buy a mic which you don't need, when you get buy something with better audio quality.

Congrats on presenting yourself with idiot of the day. I am sure you get that often.

Congrats on presenting yourself with idiot of the day. I am sure you get that often.

Your comebacks are really awful, and you should not post if you don't know what your talking about, can't even manage to read the original topic/are not knowledgeable at the subject at all because you obviously don't.

So Ima buy this headset that comes with the detachable mic, and then Ima detach the mic and ditch it somewhere, because I don't need it from the start.... Why am I paying for the mic again? 

Your comebacks are really awful, and you should not post if you don't know what your talking about, can't even manage to read the original topic/are not knowledgeable at the subject at all because you obviously don't.

You must be in a weird area if you think that is a comeback.

So Ima buy this headset that comes with the detachable mic, and then Ima detach the mic and ditch it somewhere, because I don't need it from the start.... Why am I paying for the mic again? 

Exactly this.

You must be in a weird area if you think that is a comeback.

Man you really don't get it still?

Is the AD500X better than the Superlux? 

PC and Peripherals:

Hyper x clouds the mic is removable audio quality is very decent

askdjfasdf

ahh the shitty G430... a g230 with a cheapass $2 usb soundcard and different colors.

Is the AD500X better than the Superlux? 

in my opinion yes.

in my opinion yes.

I'd +1 the audio technica over the superlux as well

and personally I find audio technica's 3d wing design the most comfortable design

in my opinion yes.

What about the Superlux  668B vs the M20X?

PC and Peripherals:

What about the Superlux  668B vs the M20X?

ehhhh... the superlux would be more comfortable.... other than that.... meh

ehhhh... the superlux would be more comfortable.... other than that.... meh

+1 to that, I have the M50x, and I would think the M20x would be similar. The M50x is great but it can get fatiguing after a while because of the closed design and passive noise isolation that sorta clamps to your head, good if you plan to going out with your headphones but for indoor use I wouldn't recommend them.

+1 to that, I have the M50x, and I would think the M20x would be similar. The M50x is great but it can get fatiguing after a while because of the closed design and passive noise isolation that sorta clamps to your head, good if you plan to going out with your headphones but for indoor use I wouldn't recommend them.

Alright. I'll go Superlux or AD500x. Thanks! Will the AD500x be decently comfortable? Is it really worth it over my Apple earbuds?

PC and Peripherals: