I need to find a pc amp

Distortion

I've been doing some searching for audio equipment. So i desided to build some speakers for my PC.

Here they are,

8ohm 5inch 20w

2d145c4302a3df9448dde124bfb45d61.jpgb96db5889c704b2a762a3eeb1f7a14dc.jpg

I have two of those and one of these.
4ohm 8inch 40w

bf87d33d429ddf08ef3788ff5b82f5ac.jpg965488b603546cea57e08e8394429c84.jpg

Now I don't have the name of the brand for any of them so I can only give that much information. Im also not very sure how i would wire the big one if i used it a subwoofer or a center speaker. Anyway I need to find a stereo (2-channel) amp that works with them that's under 80 bucks or so(Doesn't actually have to be under but if it can).

Thanks guys

Case: Sentey Eagle Plus Extreme $54 Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 $78   CPU: AMD FX-6300 $120 Heatsink: cooler master TX3 $30
RAM: G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1866 $77 PSU: COOLER MASTER GX 750w $100 GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclock Sig 2 $230  GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclock Sig 2 $230 
Fans: Cooler Master $12 SLI Bridge: ASUS $8  Hard drive: 2TB western digital $87

Measure parameters and simulate your box. Otherwise the sound will suck and your money will be thrown at a piece of shit sub.

A good amp can't compensate a driver/box mismatch.

Measure parameters and simulate your box. Otherwise the sound will suck and your money will be thrown at a piece of shit sub.

Agreed. There is some pretty serious research that goes into the enclosures for speakers. This is a very ambitious project if you really want to get the very best sound out of these speakers. 

If you're going to be using a 2 channel amp, you will need a crossover of some sort, to ensure that the sub is only trying to reproduce frequencies it is capable of without distortion (read: you don't want a sub trying to produce a 1000hz tone)

The main difficulty here will definitely be the enclosure. I think a few companies use loose wool in their enclosures. Maybe some acoustic foam in there? Also, are you planning on porting your enclosures? 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Agreed. There is some pretty serious research that goes into the enclosures for speakers. This is a very ambitious project if you really want to get the very best sound out of these speakers. 

If you're going to be using a 2 channel amp, you will need a crossover of some sort, to ensure that the sub is only trying to reproduce frequencies it is capable of without distortion (read: you don't want a sub trying to produce a 1000hz tone)

The main difficulty here will definitely be the enclosure. I think a few companies use loose wool in their enclosures. Maybe some acoustic foam in there? Also, are you planning on porting your enclosures? 

Looks like a commercial woofer, so probably meant for ported (low Q, medium Fs, medium to small Vas)

Sealing them will render them useless as a sub. Measuring the parameters and simulating a proper box takes some time to learn but can be a great learning experience.

Looks like a commercial woofer, so probably meant for ported (low Q, medium Fs, medium to small Vas)

Sealing them will render them useless as a sub. Measuring the parameters and simulating a proper box takes some time to learn but can be a great learning experience.

Out of curiosity, what would I use to simulate a box? Is there a program the does it, or do you actually need to mock up boxes?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

@ WinISD usually. If you want to get creative; AJ, Akabak, Hornresp, Boxsim or one of those crappy online tools.

@ WinISD usually. If you want to get creative; AJ, Akabak, Hornresp, Boxsim or one of those crappy online tools.

Just downloaded and installed, I guess I'll mess around a bit :) Are there any "professional" solutions, like paid stuff, or is WinISD generally the best?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

@

You can pay for WinISD if you want ;p

For simulating the low end (subwoofers): WinISD

For complete speaker design; PCD or Boxsim

For (tapped) horn systems: HornResp

For advanced acoustic elements simulation; Akabak

For nothing at all, something you should never use: online tools

The problem is that i know as much as you can see on the photo  i cant really measure the parameters unless i some how find it online like ive been tring to find

It actually looks more like a car speaker than a woofer. thats why i was thinking it would work out better as a center speaker.

Case: Sentey Eagle Plus Extreme $54 Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 $78   CPU: AMD FX-6300 $120 Heatsink: cooler master TX3 $30
RAM: G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1866 $77 PSU: COOLER MASTER GX 750w $100 GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclock Sig 2 $230  GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclock Sig 2 $230 
Fans: Cooler Master $12 SLI Bridge: ASUS $8  Hard drive: 2TB western digital $87

For a center speaker you'd have to measure frequency response and design a crossover, which is way more difficult than measuring the parameters to use it as a sub.