Describe an ideal game and see if it already exists

Misanthrope

Or close enough. I'll start

I'd like an online RPG that follows very specific criteria:

1. It's always online, persistent world but doesn't charges monthly
  2. Has no PvP at all (no, separated/segregated PvP areas are not enough they end up driving the community and creating an environment I don't like)
  3. Has no implicit grind (no, pay-to-not-grind is not ok I'd like that doesn't focuses on grinding, it's possible but not necessary to progress you should be able to jump to "end game" content right from the get go after a dozen hours or so)
  4. Has a combat system that is not simplistic and boring and/or can have some depth to it

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'd like an fps to fit the following criteria

-Yearly releases

-Tons of DLC that you can pre-order

-Benefits for looking under thee caps of my mountain dew

-Kids screaming in my ear

-an engine not far derived from quake 3 arena 

Just doesn't seem to exist 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

-Yearly releases

Not amused.....well maybe a bit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

An rpg with the physical size of daggerfall, the depth of mass effect series in terms of quests and voice acting, combat with the dynamism of the magicka spell system with the tactical acumen of divinity orginal sin.  It should be a dx12 ONLY game, a pc only game.  It should be set in a world that lives in a universe and a multiverse, and over time the civilizations can develop starships capable of traveling through space and meeting other civilizations.

I want existence itself, all the fantasy of humanity built in as potential backstory.  I want something better than reality made to seem like reality.  And I want the ability to jack in my own brain stem to matrix into this world to become a living god.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Star citizen but way less laggy and less file mass, without giving anything up

Eve, Mass effect and star citizen slammed together to create the most epic space mmo ever

All the complexity of eve with star citizen graphics and optional controls. + The character detail of Mass effect

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

-Yearly releases

I think we have one with 5 year olds... Except that has Doritos too... Can't be it... It can't involve Doritos.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

(mine doesn't exist)

-survival oriented

-with storyline, never ending. (will explain more later)

-user choices determine outcome of story (more so than Mass Effect)

-Metro-type setting. Apocalyptic wasteland with mutants

-but also zombies

-radiation a common threat (gotta have dat gieger counter sound)

-creepy enemies, i.e. invisible enemies like in STALKER (or/and enemies that are just as smart or smarter than you)

-NPC enemies (other humans)

-romantic interests

-base building (and not just preset bases with preset options, more like minecraft)

-vehicles (from a HL2 style go-kart of death, to a ship you have to restore and captain to another continent)

-A mostly topographically accurate world map, consisting of the entire planet (yeah, not gonna happen for a WHILE) including antarctica

-random encounters on the high seas (derelict military/vargo/cruise ships anyone? did I mention zombies and or mutants?)

-when your character dies of old age (or of "unnatural causes"), you play as your child/spouse, provided you have one. -ad infinity (never ends)

-the ability to build a community. You can recruit randomly generated NPC's to join your base.

-full day/night/season/weather/inclimate weather

-random natural disasters (volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes/tsunamis, radiation storms)

-epic soundtrack

-craftable weapons

-dynamic economy

-optional multiplayer will all previously mention features, except replace "recruitable npc's" with "other players"

-killing other humans without cause has a downside, damages their gear as well as attracting zombies/mutants/other hostile humans. For both melee and firearms kills.

-in multiplayer, you would start out in the country in which you live, as near as to where you actually live as possible (major cities)

-different careers: doctor, soldier, merc, guard, engineer, hunter, scavenger, miner, merchant, etc.

-first person ONLY.

-melee combat and movement like Dying Light

-gunplay like Battlefield

-stat and level system like fallout

- full voice acting

-M rating for nudity+"romance" scenes. (for realism)

-fully customizable first character (subsequent characters [children and spouse] random [spouse] or procedurally [child] generated.

-"raids" for multiplayer. Such as raiding a military base where nuclear warheads were stored, looking for weapons/supplies. Oh look, what's that giant mutant (or horde of zombies, etc, you get the point) that grew as a result of the warheads not being maintained and their fissile materials being exposed (nuclear power plants, toxic waste areas, etc.)

-damage system like an FPS (except for raid bosses). Outside of raids your own stats determine your hardiness and effectiveness with different tools and weapons (aiming, effective range, ability to run for your f**king life, etc)

What's the story you ask? Trying to re-build humanity after a global catastrophe (solar flare, multiple asteroid strikes, global sized emp, nuclear war, etc)

A.K.A. The greatest post-apocalypse simulator of all time.

did I mention my game doesn't exist? and probably couldn't exist for another 30 years or so?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Realistic open world sandbox? Something like the mutant baby of GTA and Space Engineers. I want a nice balance of realism, chaos, and creativity; I want true freedom in a virtual world. I want real life but with 3rd person and no responsibilities. Has anyone made it yet?

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Realistic open world sandbox? Something like the mutant baby of GTA and Space Engineers. I want a nice balance of realism, chaos, and creativity; I want true freedom in a virtual world. I want real life but with 3rd person and no responsibilities. Has anyone made it yet?

The Sims with cheats?

The Sims with cheats?

I suppose, but there's the lack of multiplayer interaction and the sims has this strange 'perspective distance' between the character and the player. In my ideal game you would have direct control over your character's actions rather than just guiding it through life.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I suppose, but there's the lack of multiplayer interaction and the sims has this strange 'perspective distance' between the character and the player. In my ideal game you would have direct control over your character's actions rather than just guiding it through life.

Sounds like you want my game, minus everything post-apocalyptic

Completely skill based

Can be played with friends

Regular updates so it can't be hacked very effectively

Doesn't require too beefy of hardware

Not first person so you can see what's going on around you

Oh wait! That's league of legends!

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

(mine doesn't exist)

-survival oriented

-with storyline, never ending. (will explain more later)

-user choices determine outcome of story (more so than Mass Effect)

-Metro-type setting. Apocalyptic wasteland with mutants

-but also zombies

-radiation a common threat (gotta have dat gieger counter sound)

-creepy enemies, i.e. invisible enemies like in STALKER (or/and enemies that are just as smart or smarter than you)

-NPC enemies (other humans)

-romantic interests

-base building (and not just preset bases with preset options, more like minecraft)

-vehicles (from a HL2 style go-kart of death, to a ship you have to restore and captain to another continent)

-A mostly topographically accurate world map, consisting of the entire planet (yeah, not gonna happen for a WHILE) including antarctica

-random encounters on the high seas (derelict military/vargo/cruise ships anyone? did I mention zombies and or mutants?)

-when your character dies of old age (or of "unnatural causes"), you play as your child/spouse, provided you have one. -ad infinity (never ends)

-the ability to build a community. You can recruit randomly generated NPC's to join your base.

-full day/night/season/weather/inclimate weather

-random natural disasters (volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes/tsunamis, radiation storms)

-epic soundtrack

-craftable weapons

-dynamic economy

-optional multiplayer will all previously mention features, except replace "recruitable npc's" with "other players"

-killing other humans without cause has a downside, damages their gear as well as attracting zombies/mutants/other hostile humans. For both melee and firearms kills.

-in multiplayer, you would start out in the country in which you live, as near as to where you actually live as possible (major cities)

-different careers: doctor, soldier, merc, guard, engineer, hunter, scavenger, miner, merchant, etc.

-first person ONLY.

-melee combat and movement like Dying Light

-gunplay like Battlefield

-stat and level system like fallout

- full voice acting

-M rating for nudity+"romance" scenes. (for realism)

-fully customizable first character (subsequent characters [children and spouse] random [spouse] or procedurally [child] generated.

-"raids" for multiplayer. Such as raiding a military base where nuclear warheads were stored, looking for weapons/supplies. Oh look, what's that giant mutant (or horde of zombies, etc, you get the point) that grew as a result of the warheads not being maintained and their fissile materials being exposed (nuclear power plants, toxic waste areas, etc.)

-damage system like an FPS (except for raid bosses). Outside of raids your own stats determine your hardiness and effectiveness with different tools and weapons (aiming, effective range, ability to run for your f**king life, etc)

What's the story you ask? Trying to re-build humanity after a global catastrophe (solar flare, multiple asteroid strikes, global sized emp, nuclear war, etc)

A.K.A. The greatest post-apocalypse simulator of all time.

did I mention my game doesn't exist? and probably couldn't exist for another 30 years or so?

You definitely dream big. You can probably talk about developing such game and then don't deliver on 3/4s of the items on the list, the Peter Molyneux method I call it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

A new Mount and Blade! :P

So keen for Bannerlord!

-Snip-

Perfect! 

• FPS
  • Huge community
  • Skill-based ranks
  • High skill ceiling, hard to master
  • very competitive
  • tactics
  • smoke grenades and flashbangs

CS:GO  :wub:

You definitely dream big. You can probably talk about developing such game and then don't deliver on 3/4s of the items on the list, the Peter Molyneux method I call it.

Given enough money, I would deliver. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making things so not delivering would drive me nuts.