how are CSGO ranks defined?

Majorllama

Can anyone tell me exactly what goes into a person being placed in a rank? Because when play with my silver buddies on my alt I carry and rek face. When I play at my own rank (mg2) I carry and rek face. When I play with some LEM-SMFC I carry and rek face. But I've never been past double ak. So what gives? If I play alone and solo cue at my own rank I get shit on by cheaters/smurfs. The number of 36-4 less than 40 hours accounts I've had to play against lately is stupid. So is the only reason I'm not making it up to lem or so (where I feel I should be at least) is it all just cheaters/smurfs keeping me from getting up to a "fair" fight.

- Winning is how you rank up

- It doesn't matter how well you do as it's a team game. Your team either wins or loses. Your position on the score board means nothing

- Get a team and practice together if you want to play with players that are consistent

- A cheaters wins get reversed when they get caught

- You're complaining about smurfs when you just said that you're one of them

When I play in silver I only use a scout (so yes. Still a smurfing asshole).

No one knows for sure, but I read this guide which says MVPs count a lot. Also it has an ELO system, if the other team has higher ranks than you, you get more ELO for winning, they get less for winning etc.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

No one knows for sure, but I read this guide which says MVPs count a lot. Also it has an ELO system, if the other team has higher ranks than you, you get more ELO for winning, they get less for winning etc.

I've heard that too... but it doesn't seem confirmed. I have seen deranks on win and rank up on loss though. So what gives?

there's two things that impact Elo point.

1. Round Win/Lose

2. MVP

I've heard that too... but it doesn't seem confirmed. I have seen deranks on win and rank up on loss though. So what gives?

Really? That's unheard of, you can't get deranks on wins and rank ups on loss. You can get both for drawing.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

You are literally the majority of CS GO players. Every other player says "I'm nova but I play against eagles all the time and carry. Why no rank up?" You can see where I'm going with this.

Really? That's unheard of, you can't get deranks on wins and rank ups on loss. You can get both for drawing.

I have personally ranked up on a loss (I had all the mvps on the losing team of a 14-16 match). And my friend deranked after a win because he went negative kd during the match (he's kinda special).

1) Round outcome, if you win, you gain points, if you lose you lose points.

2) If you're MVP on a round win, you get a lot more points than the rest of the team.

Get a certain number of points and you rank up, lose a certain number of points and you derank. Obviously you can't really tell how many points you have.

I've ranked up multiple times when losing. I've also won and deranked once.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330