Carrizo Laptops Listed For Sale

Opcode

5rinJDM.png

ACER Aspire E 17

Screen Size: 17.3" FHD (1920x1080)

Processor: AMD FX-8800P (2.1 GHz / 3.4 GHz Turbo)

Memory: 2 x 4 GB DDR3

Hard Drive: 1TB

Graphics: AMD Radeon R8 M355DX

Ports: 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, Ethernet, HDMI, 1x Speaker / Line-Out, 1x Microphone Line-In

Price: 799€

FbB5dog.png

ACER Aspire E 15

Screen Size: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080)

Processor: AMD FX-8800P (2.1 GHz / 3.4 GHz Turbo)

Memory: 2 x 4 GB DDR3

Hard Drive: 500GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon R8 M355DX

Ports: 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, Ethernet, VGA, HDMI, 1x Speaker/Line-Out, 1x Microphone Line-In

Price: 699€

Pricing isn't looking too shabby given Newegg doesn't even sell a 17.3" 1080p laptop under $1,000 with graphics this strong. It would be nice to see 1366x768 models without the dedicated GPU (dual graphics) that are slightly gimped for under $599. Something I have my eye on personally given how well Carrizo is known to perform thus far.

Acer...

I'd say no to both of those.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

NOPE ! That pricetag though ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Pricing isn't looking too shabby given Newegg doesn't even sell a 17.3" 1080p laptop under $1,000 with graphics this strong. It would be nice to see 1366x768 models without the dedicated GPU (dual graphics) that are slightly gimped for under $599. Something I have my eye on personally given how well Carrizo is know to perform thus far.

I really want performance numbers. If they can charge that much for an AMD laptop then it better kick some ass. I like acer too.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

I really want performance numbers. If they can charge that much for an AMD laptop then it better kick some ass. I like acer too.

Carrizo numbers have been leaking onto the web for many months now. It's showing higher ST and MT performance than a Core i3 and the iGPU is nearly 2x as strong as Intel's offering at the same power envelope. If these numbers live up to what they are come review day AMD really has a winner on their hands in this market segment. They just need to be considerate on pricing because the FX-7600P was a fairly decent chip although every laptop that ran it was just so high priced nobody wanted them.

Pricing isn't looking too shabby given Newegg doesn't even sell a 17.3" 1080p laptop under $1,000 with graphics this strong. It would be nice to see 1366x768 models without the dedicated GPU (dual graphics) that are slightly gimped for under $599. Something I have my eye on personally given how well Carrizo is known to perform thus far.

1366x768 at 17.3in on a Laptop? Oh god. I find 1366x768 at 15.6in. unbearable. I don't understand why there aren't many 1440-1800p panels on the laptops with 970s or 980s. It seems gigabyte, aorus (gigabyte company) and razor are the only ones doing it, but unfortunately all neglect better cooling and quietness for thinness.

1366x768 at 17.3in on a Laptop? Oh god. I find 1366x768 at 15.6in. unbearable. I don't understand why there aren't many 1440-1800p panels on the laptops with 970s or 980s. It seems gigabyte, aorus (gigabyte company) and razor are the only ones doing it, but unfortunately all neglect better cooling and quietness for thinness.

I should of specified that I meant 1366x768 on a smaller screen... but yeah... you get the idea, a smaller laptop with a smaller display and slightly gimped in other places to help cut back cost. I personally would take the 17.3" FHD display for sake of productivity although it will be interesting to see someone disable the dedicated card to see how well Carrizo performs at FHD resolution. According to the numbers we have currently Carrizo is almost all of what the A10-7850k is, slammed into a laptop.

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Not much information in regards to memory. Let me guess, 2x1333Mhz?

Only a single USB3 in the second one?

However, put in a single SSD, and you should be fine if you aren't a poweruser.

Hopefully this is the start of decent AMD based laptops. The current price increase on i5 laptops has been upsetting me while the AMD sticker on a laptop has been like a cross to vampires for anyone half clued in. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hope anandtech will have a go at these.

Really like the look of these, wish they would make an Intel version :S

I like the no bullshit design. And competitively priced laptops with larger than 15" screens have been dreadfully underrepresented for a long time. Though I still prefer 18.4" for a laptop.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Really like the look of these, wish they would make an Intel version :S

The question is why would you want to go Intel unless you're wanting a high end i7 for productivity.

I have a 15.6" dual gfx amd right now as a laptop and it's served me very well as a portable gaming machine.  Sure, it's not the most powerful and I have to run stuff on low/med, but I can't complain too much, it was $799 3 years ago.  I'd be very interested in the newest version and to see how it stacks up.  I can even play the new borderlands at relatively decent framerates.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I have a 15.6" dual gfx amd right now as a laptop and it's served me very well as a portable gaming machine.  Sure, it's not the most powerful and I have to run stuff on low/med, but I can't complain too much, it was $799 3 years ago.  I'd be very interested in the newest version and to see how it stacks up.  I can even play the new borderlands at relatively decent framerates.

Based on what we can tell thus far, how Kaveri performs on the desktop (A10-7850k give or take) is what you can come to expect from Carrizo.

Hopefully this is the start of decent AMD based laptops. The current price increase on i5 laptops has been upsetting me while the AMD sticker on a laptop has been like a cross to vampires for anyone half clued in.

Since I use my laptop as an actual desktop replacement for some editing, I wouldn't touch any AMD CPU laptop on this planet. I'll take my i7 thanks. Even my 2xxx mobile i7 is good at murdering some PS work still.

Since I use my laptop as an actual desktop replacement for some editing, I wouldn't touch any AMD CPU laptop on this planet. I'll take my i7 thanks. Even my 2xxx mobile i7 is good at murdering some PS work still.

Given the track record of AMD chips in the high performance mobile segment I don't think anyone would. Low power is where AMD have been dominating the competition and hopefully Carrizo helps extend that more into higher performance tiers.

The question is why would you want to go Intel unless you're wanting a high end i7 for productivity.

Well i have an i7 laptop and it is far from high end and nothing like my 4770k although it is sandy bridge so maybe they have improved alot? Don't really know much about amd on the mobile side but i know there older chips from a year or 2 ago aren't the best.

Based on what we can tell thus far, how Kaveri performs on the desktop (A10-7850k give or take) is what you can come to expect from Carrizo.

That's pretty sweet, I wonder how much the dual gfx adds?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That's pretty sweet, I wonder how much the dual gfx adds?

That's something everyone has been wondering about as we don't know if the R8 M355DX is a rebrand or not. We also don't have any information about it.

Eww Acer but if the IPC/real world and synthetic benchmarks show that it could totally do everything I'd be okay a 2.8GHz i7 and R9 M370X to to do.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I kinda get the feeling this apu GPU combo should allow dual graphics... I am personally looking for something sub 300$ though.

Eww Acer but if the IPC/real world and synthetic benchmarks show that it could totally do everything I'd be okay a 2.8GHz i7 and R9 M370X to to do.

The fastest mobile Haswell i7 in this power envelope is 37% faster in ST and 24% faster in MT according to benchmarks.

That's something everyone has been wondering about as we don't know if the R8 M355DX is a rebrand or not. We also don't have any information about it.

If This Go Well,This Could Be Amazing