Google files patent for "smart teddy bear" that would watch and listen to users

Aniallation

Sources: 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/google-designs-creepy-toys-spy-5759857 

http://globalnews.ca/news/2015824/google-files-patent-for-smart-teddy-bear-that-would-watch-listen-to-users/

With all the baby monitor hacking and toys watching kids, are they really in privacy any more? Like back when Mattel was doing this with some Barbie dolls...

google-patent-bear.jpg?w=720&h=342

Google is working on a range of robotic toys that will spy on children using microphones and cameras.

The company was recently granted a patent - filed in 2012 - for smart teddy bears that will listen to and interact with kids.

The toys should be “cute” so that “young children may find [them] attractive”.

In a 21-page patent document, Google describes anthropomorphic devices that will detect when a child is looking at it and then turn its head towards the child to listen and watch.

“By making ‘eye contact’ with the user, the user is presented with a familiar form of social interaction in which two parties look at each other while communicating,” says the document.

The toys would then process the commands and provide a suitable response - and could also be used to control other devices around the home - such as smart TVs.

The patent filing – published on May 21 by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – describes a stuffed toy, such as a bear, that would be able to control devices such as TVs and music players.

The user would relay commands to the toy using voice or gestures, meaning the toy would be equipped with microphones and cameras, hidden within the toy’s ears and eyes.

But here’s where it gets creepy.

Using its sensors and cameras, the cuddly toy would be able to sense your presence and turn its head around to look at you.

And for the tech news trolls:

If Luke or Linus see this, please don't feature this thread on the WAN show.

"Rawr XD"

Its nothing new, the S6 listens to you 24/7 as well as Samsung's smart TVs just so it can respond when you say the right keyword. Privacy is a lie and its stupid to believe we have any.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Using its sensors and cameras, the cuddly toy would be able to sense your presence and turn its head around to look at you------NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE that just a whole lotta NOPE too creepy

Its nothing new, the S6 listens to you 24/7 as well as Samsung's smart TVs just so it can respond when you say the right keyword. Privacy is a lie and its stupid to believe we have any.

We dont believe we have any but we desire to have one,sadly we cant do much about other than unplug the internet cord or turn off electricity alltogheter,go live in the woods.

It can be disabled on the S6 and afaik the Smart TVs as well (at the cost of constant voice commands, of course), but putting this in a teddy bear that pretty much no function but to listen to and watch you, is a bit creepy. It's a bit sad that the next generation of kids might just grow up completely used to people spying on them all the time.

"Rawr XD"

I will never buy teddy bears for my kids in the future ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

It's a bit sad that the next generation of kids might just grow up completely used to people spying on them all the time.

This. Are we really going to see this soon a society where everybody is being constantly monitored?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Is it using an Intel CPU?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

This. Are we really going to see this soon a society where everybody is being constantly monitored?

It's already started lol

NSA is always watching

"Rawr XD"

Then it'll collect user data and send it to the cloud to analyze consumer's spending patterns.

Kind of reminds me of the clown from The Game.

the-game-movie-michael-douglas1.jpg

COMIC SANS

That's because you can't be bothered to give yourself some.  Fake names, VPN, IP spoofing, blocking all unwanted cookies, using virtual machines or privacy-minded OSes, avoiding Google and Microsoft accounts, there are dozens of ways to give yourself varying degrees of privacy, and the more you combine them, the more you have. 

Smart Teddy Bear?

So Google, you trying to make pedobear an actual thing?

post-30533-0-36936600-1432604108.png

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

That's because you can't be bothered to give yourself some.  Fake names, VPN, IP spoofing, blocking all unwanted cookies, using virtual machines or privacy-minded OSes, avoiding Google and Microsoft accounts, there are dozens of ways to give yourself varying degrees of privacy, and the more you combine them, the more you have. 

This is true but its impractical. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Google's extensive research on ROBOTs came to this...

Living in a parallel universe // PC Guy turns MAC.... 

Something ins't right...

Wooooowwww....

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

NSA... Really? Is that the best you can do? You guys have to try a lot more to be able to spy on me 24/7... 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Sorry Google, I think the Nazi SS have precedent on this particular patent.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

NSFW or for Kids

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

So new way to spy people? Hey! Google if you read this. You should make a coffee maker or a bed so you can spy us even more!

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

So new way to spy people? Hey! Google if you read this. You should make a coffee maker or a bed so you can spy us even more!

Why a bed?  Once you all wear those health nonsense bracelets that also monitor your sleeping pattern, they know it all anyway.

Ted :)

PS. Skynet tactics. They gonna go after kids first. #PedoTeddy

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Why a bed?  Once you all wear those health nonsense bracelets that also monitor your sleeping pattern, they know it all anyway.

Dunno, I just tried to think two ridiculous products that can spy consumers.

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Wow, okay. Lovely, people already are aloof about their privacy and are not informed, this will really seal next gen of people to be completely spied without even be bothered.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |