Charter Communications to buyout Time Warner // Pending FCC Approval

Guest Kloaked

Original article: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/05/25/3737531_charter-said-to-be-near-time-warner.html?rh=1

wuSUJ.AuSt.70.jpeg

If you don' t know who Charter is, they provide decent service across the USA in specific "hot spots" I would say; if you were to look up their servicing locations they'd be located in focused areas of the country and not just spread out everywhere.

In my personal experience with them, their website is bad - it literally will not let me login to our account, so I have to call them every time we have a problem and tell them that I can't access my account to give them whatever information that they need to hear over the phone, but they've been able to make do with what I can give them.

Recently my home was upgraded to 60/5 (Down/Up), but only after we called in to complain about our speeds being super low. When the repairman showed up after our call, he told us that we should have been switched to new hardware years ago. Go figure.

Overall, I'd give my personal experience with this particular ISP a 6/10, needs more Skyrim with guns -IGN.

So now off of my soap-box:

Charter is in line planning to buy Time Warner.

NEW YORK — Charter Communications Inc. is near an agreement to buy Time Warner Cable Inc. for about $55.1 billion in cash and stock, according to people familiar with the matter.

Charter will pay about $195 a share, with $100 in cash and the rest in its own stock, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the talks are confidential. The deal could be announced as soon as Tuesday, they said. Bright House Networks, a smaller cable company that Charter is trying to buy, will also be merged into the combined entity, they said.

Charter, the fourth-biggest U.S. cable company, is making its second move on No. 2 Time Warner Cable after its early 2014 bid was rejected and Comcast Corp. swooped in with a competing offer. Charter, whose largest shareholder is billionaire John Malone, got another shot when the Comcast deal fell apart in April because of regulatory scrutiny.

Oh boy...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I have Brighthouse's 150/10 and I gotta say--it took four months for Brighthouse to fix their problems when I moved up here, but man is Brighthouse decent once they fixed all their issues.  Hopefully that doesn't change if Charter absorbs them and Time-Warner.  Regardless--next internet provider is to be Google.

I've had Charter for the past 8 years.  The internet speed is good for the price.  That's all I care about really.

on one hand charter is better then comcast, they have decent service on the other hand I still hate them because they have monoply in my town and are expensive as hell

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |