SG13B or Evolv itx for nas

karl0508

As desribed in title, this is my build:-

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QRfvQ7 

I can go for 2.5" red 1tb drives as thats all i need

Which should i go for the evolv or the SG13?? and reasons why, this sg13 looks amazing but so does the evolv, did want elite 110 but need dust proof

Only other thing i will post about is do i go the Be Quiet pur power l8 300w (need to see review) or xfx ts

I have the sg13b-q and I love it.

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

I have the sg13b-q and I love it.

How many 2.5" drives would i really fit in there? I know they say 3 but best ask

How many 2.5" drives would i really fit in there? I know they say 3 but best ask

Yeah you can, you could honestly maybe fit more but they would be loose.

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

Yeah you can, you could honestly maybe fit more but they would be loose.

Bit of tape I'm thinking ;) this is for my nas Lol

Think that would be better than the evolv?

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ZTTH99Here's the build if you want to see it.

Isn't the evolv pretty big

Isn't the evolv pretty big

Yes but can take 4 hdd

And size ain't an issue

Yes but can take 4 hdd

And size ain't an issue

If size isn't the issue than go with the evolv.

If size isn't the issue than go with the evolv.

Making a nas is hard as I only have like 40 for a case and only the evolv is the only dust proof one I saw :(

Making a nas is hard as I only have like 40 for a case and only the evolv is the only dust proof one I saw :(

What about the node 304.

What about the node 304.

Thats 60 over budget unless I got a cheap second hand psu

Thats 60 over budget unless I got a cheap second hand psu

Hmm well the sg13 is cheap and it will probably work for your knees.

Hmm well the sg13 is cheap and it will probably work for your knees.

How do the hdd mount? Do they have rubber damper for all 3 drive? As that's a worry

How do the hdd mount? Do they have rubber damper for all 3 drive? As that's a worry

I'm pretty sure they do but you should watch linus's video on it just in case.

I'm pretty sure they do but you should watch linus's video on it just in case.

Is he doing a full review of this case?

Was thinking the evolv for expansion and i can put the hyper 212 so thermals will never be a worry as if fans pck up at least its huge not got that advantage with sg13b

Is he doing a full review of this case?

Was thinking the evolv for expansion and i can put the hyper 212 so thermals will never be a worry as if fans pck up at least its huge not got that advantage with sg13b

Thermals are fine on the sg13b-q and the video is on vessel if you haven't see it you'll have to wait like 2-3 days for the video to go on youtube.

Thermals are fine on the sg13b-q and the video is on vessel if you haven't see it you'll have to wait like 2-3 days for the video to go on youtube.

Ahh hasn't come out yet to me then :) will watch it when it does lol 

Did think i could put a single 3.5" 3tb drive in and use that for media and a 1tb 2.5 that i put personal stuff on and back up to external or ghetto mount a second one lol go velcro

SG13B

Evolv ITX seems more like a "gaming" sort of case imo

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

SG13B

Evolv ITX seems more like a "gaming" sort of case imo

With a a 3.5" drive and 1 25" and an sdd?

HELP watched the linustechtips review and they didn't cover if the HDD uses rubber mounts on the SG13B

HELP