$500 It-Does-Everything PC

Don't tell me the odds! I want to build my first DIY PC with parts no older than Janury 1st, 2013. I may be hypocritical of that statement later, but just bear with me while I list my ideal parts:

ASUS GRYPHON Z87 MOBO $120

G Skill Ares 2 x 4 GB DDR3 $50

EVGA 430W PSU $33

EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC $140

Intel Pentium G3258 $70

XION XON-560-BK case $40

CM SickleFlow 120 $10

CM Storm Devastator $30

I live in the US and plan on ordering ALL parts from Newegg.

I want this computer to be able to play World of Warplanes on high settings, emulate older games, a little work in GIMP and Sketchup Make, and of course, browse the internet. I already have a HDD w/ windows vista, will buy 8.1 when 10 releases, so I will need a copy of "Paragon". As for displays, I sadly only have VGA cables, but I have a 1080p TV and an HP 2009m. I am in desperate need of a keyboard, and I won't make the mistake of wireless ever again.

So what do you guys think? are my choices sound? What could I cheap out on?

Get a i3.Pentium is dual threaded and i3 are quad threaded.Please get a i3.Also cheap out on motherboard

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Don't tell me the odds! I want to build my first DIY PC with parts no older than Janury 1st, 2013. I may be hypocritical of that statement later, but just bear with me while I list my ideal parts:

ASUS GRYPHON Z87 MOBO $120

G Skill Ares 2 x 4 GB DDR3 $50

EVGA 430W PSU $33

EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC $140

Intel Pentium G3258 $70

XION XON-560-BK case $40

CM SickleFlow 120 $10

CM Storm Devastator $30

I want this computer to be able to play World of Warplanes on high settings, emulate older games, a little work in GIMP and Sketchup Make, and of course, browse the internet. I already have a HDD w/ windows vista, will buy 8.1 when 10 releases, so I will need a copy of "Paragon". As for displays, I sadly only have VGA cables, but I have a 1080p TV and an HP 2009m. I am in desperate need of a keyboard, and I won't make the mistake of wireless ever again.

For gaming on 720p this will work

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

As for displays, I sadly only have VGA cables, but I have a 1080p TV and an HP 2009m. 

*Facepalm* 

Please spend like 2 quid and get an HDMI cable 

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

I don't think any modern cards have VGA for IO so you should probably go with DVI or HDMI.    Overall, the build is solid but you should try and get a Z97 motherboard not Z87.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Let me clarify...

I have an HDMI cable, it's just that I don't want to use the TV as my main display.The HP 2009m has a DVI and VGA connection. Also, the 750 Ti SC comes with a adapter.

And yes, this is my first build. I am a noob.

This is better :

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($99.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($42.99 @ Directron) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($162.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($35.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.70 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $473.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 13:01 EDT-0400

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is better :

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($42.99 @ Directron) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.70 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $473.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 13:01 EDT-0400

i3-4160; that's the one that comes with Intel HD graphics, right? Fair enough.

H81; no. I mean, I don't know, from what I hear, H81 is the devil and should never be considered.

Seagate; I already have a hard drive, what I need is an iso of "Paragon".

AMD; I'm not familiar with Radeon cards, could someone explain?

Case; I chose the XION XON-560-BK because 1. it's beautiful, 2. it has excellent cable management, and 3. it's $40

Oh well, thanks for the help anyways.

H81; no. I mean, I don't know, from what I hear, H81 is the devil and should never be considered.

Case; I chose the XION XON-560-BK because 1. it's beautiful, 2. it has excellent cable management, and 3. it's $40

iGPU doesn't matter since you've got a R9 280. Explanation, well it's on pair with GTX 960.

Haven't heard bad things about H81, well they are budget options.

Case... never heard of that manufacturer (limited on them in my country).

ISO of Paragon? Wat?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The r9 280 is way more powerful than the 750Ti and the i3 is better than the Pentium (some game require 4 threads to run, and since the i3 has HT it will work on it). That's the main reason of getting an i3 over a pentium : hyper threading. Sometimes it's required.

You seriously don't need a Z87 mobo for a Pentium...nowadays mobos don't matter that much. You most of the time just want the mobo with the features that you require. On budget, it doesn't really matter. Just a decently cheap one.

H87 is just Z87 without OC abilities.

H81 doesn't support SLI , only has 2 RAM slots, no RAID, less SATA 6Gbps , etc. These kind of things shouldn't matter in a budget build, unless you plan on upgrading later.

Anyway, here you go:

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $503.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 13:53 EDT-0400

Get whatever case you want, and maybe throw in an SSD.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Heyyo,

w00t! A fellow gamer of World of Warships. She's a lovely game, but much like the other WarGaming games on the BigWorld Engine? She's not multi-threaded very well so a Quad Core CPU (Intel i3 or i5) is the sweet spot for price to performance and Intel over AMD for that instructions per clock which will matter more since this game is single-threaded.

The r9 280 is way more powerful than the 750Ti and the i3 is better than the Pentium (some game require 4 threads to run, and since the i3 has HT it will work on it). That's the main reason of getting an i3 over a pentium : hyper threading. Sometimes it's required.

You seriously don't need a Z87 mobo for a Pentium...nowadays mobos don't matter that much. You most of the time just want the mobo with the features that you require. On budget, it doesn't really matter. Just a decently cheap one.

H87 is just Z87 without OC abilities.

H81 doesn't support SLI , only has 2 RAM slots, no RAID, less SATA 6Gbps , etc. These kind of things shouldn't matter in a budget build, unless you plan on upgrading later.

Anyway, here you go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ Newegg) 

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.10 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $503.09

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 13:53 EDT-0400

Get whatever case you want, and maybe throw in an SSD.

It is a good list, but the OP said he wants to order all the parts via Newegg so had to change the filters amigo.

I changed the ram to a parametric filter which selected the Muskin 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 module which works out better since it's only 1.35Volts versus the G.Skil 1.5volts so it'll run a little cooler for the same CAS latency of 9.

For motherboard? Ehh, no need for a Z series motherboard since it's a non-overclockable CPU. I went with a B85 series motherboard for around the same price since they offer a little more than the H81 series suchy as 4 RAM slots vs 2 as seen here:

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/difference-between-h81-and-b85-chipsets-a-33.html

I changed the case to the one the OP picked as it is his choice and it's an alright one. :)

I left the power supply as that EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze since it's easily the best deal for that price.

I changed the GPU to a Gigabyte branded R9 280. I've had some bad luck with Sapphire in the past is all so it's just brand preference. Gigabyte also has a really good RMA process if you ever need to get the part repaired under warranty.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.48 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: *Mushkin Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($162.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Xion XON-560 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($53.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $458.40

*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 14:33 EDT-0400

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case