can wireless or wifi can really be hacked?

roland thsive

Routers? Yes.

Yes it can. Quite easily actually.

Not gonna tell how, since I don't know the specifics :P

A decent WPA2 + Password security will go a LOOONG way

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Encryption can be cracked and if there is no encryption, the signals can just be intercepted and read.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

do you know, if then how

Not really. I just know it's not that hard on normal consumer models if someone really wanted to get into it.

Yes but with varying degrees of difficulty depending on the type of encryption used and the time frame you have to hack it (some are stupid easy to hack).

It's especially easy if you use WPS

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

Yes it can. Some people use aircrack-ng. I've used it to test my own network. Got the password easily.

Computer ----- CPU: FX-6300 | Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz/CL9 | GPU: MSI R9 270X OC | Case: Corsair 760T Black | Storage: 2TB WD RE4 | PSU: EVGA 750W Bronze | Display: Acer 21.5" 1080P | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | OS: Triple boot - Arch Linux, Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X Mavericks

Other Possesions:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon on FamilyMobile, root/flash KitPop ---- Other phone: HTC One M7 Sprint Bad ESN, forgot the rom but root/flash 5.0.0 ---- Tablet: Hisense Sero 7 Pro, forgot the rom but root/flash 4.4.4

but is a strong password with wpa2 easily taken down?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Yes...backtrack is a tool that is commonly used. But WPA2 is a little harder to crack.

Cracking wifi networks, if they're not properly secured (WEP networks for example) can be done within less than half an hour. As stated above, Backtrack/KALI-Linux is a popular tool for doing that.

As for cracking WPA2 passwords, this is also doable, it just takes significantly more time. But, there are even (kind of) consumer-grade command line tools like "Wifite.py" which also comes with Kali which can also crack WPA2, although they use a "dictionary attack", that means that the wifi password must be in the cracking tool's "dictionary file" (a list of words it will try as a password). You could of course brute forcingly generate a giant wordlist with every possible combination of strings with a given length and character set, but that would take a really long time.

Backtrack and Kali are not tools, they are Linux Distros that come setup with the tools for pentesting.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

anything can be hacked why can't wifi... :P

There's always a way...

anything can be hacked why can't wifi... :P

You can't hack an Ethernet cable.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can't hack an Ethernet cable.

Well, as per the definition... Hacking usually refers a way to use something the way it's not meant to be used...

So, I guess there could be some other use of an ethernet cable as well...

There's always a way...