Destroyed framerate on some games since a week

Nagby

Hi, so, because i don't have that much games and don't play that often, the informations i can give might be hard to work with

but i know that last week, in the 3 games i have, GTA V, project CARS, The Crew, the 3 worked fine (over 30fps with good settings)

and now project cars never get over 10fps wathever are the settings, and same for GTA V + giant input lag and semi transparent characters like here :

gta5_2015_04_19_14_34_25_81_by_nagby-d8u

but The Crew still run fine

my PC specs are : i7 4700MQ 8GB RAM 240GB SSD (thought project cars is in an external SSD connected via USB3, and The Crew on a slow 5400rpm external HDD) and GTX 860M all that on a Clevo P150SM motherboard and nothing is overclocked

so, i suspect a windows update to cause that + i had a diskcheck around that time (the games worked fine when i ignored it, and not anymore when it was done, but still, i don't play that often so it might not be linked) + the last update i did was like 70kB and it took a pretty long time to restard the PC (for a SSD)

thanks for helping

Are you using the drivers provided by NVIDIA or are you using the drivers that Windows installs automatically?

In the second case, those are shit, get the first case!

the thing is

geforce drivers doesn't know clevo motherboards, it won't find my GPU and install

so i have a modded driver from 1 year ago (337.88) , but it's working fine, and i'm a bit afraid to update it and not be able to use my GTX at all

here is where i got my driver from http://www.komeil.com/blog/nvidia-driver-windows-7-laptop-modded-inf