Seagate vs WD

Padorkous
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

Hello guys!! I am wondering what should i pick for my new gaming pc 2x seagate barracuda's 1tb(each) or 2x WD caviar blue's 1tb(each)? 

note:they are going to work on raid 0

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Hey Padorkous,

Games generally rely on storage only for their loading times. FPS and graphics are not affected by the drive's speed.
While RAID0 can offer some good speed boosts in terms of loading times, if you truly want to see a big improvement, I would go for a SSD + HDD combination where you would want to store your OS and more demanding games on the SSD and leave everything else to the HDD.
If you prefer to go for 2xHDD in RAID0 I would recommend using NAS/RAID-class drives as they have optimized firmware and tuning for such environments and work with much lower chance of data corruption/loss and drive dropout. I would recommend checking out WD Red, as @Vavetti suggested. Here's a link: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=EodbEw

Captain_WD.

Hello guys!! I am wondering what should i pick for my new gaming pc 2x seagate barracuda's 1tb(each) or 2x WD caviar blue's 1tb(each)? 

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

For some reasons i trust wd a little more.Never had a problem with the products from them so why should i change the brand.Don't fix it if ain't broken

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I don't know why you want raid 0 on HDD's, if it's speed then you're better off with a SSD.

That being said, both will work in raid I think, but for raid the WD red is a better drive then both of those as reds are made for 24/7 raid operation. 

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Hey Padorkous,

Games generally rely on storage only for their loading times. FPS and graphics are not affected by the drive's speed.
While RAID0 can offer some good speed boosts in terms of loading times, if you truly want to see a big improvement, I would go for a SSD + HDD combination where you would want to store your OS and more demanding games on the SSD and leave everything else to the HDD.
If you prefer to go for 2xHDD in RAID0 I would recommend using NAS/RAID-class drives as they have optimized firmware and tuning for such environments and work with much lower chance of data corruption/loss and drive dropout. I would recommend checking out WD Red, as @Vavetti suggested. Here's a link: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=EodbEw

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/