Thinking of upgrading the system

Go to solution Solved by nanowatt,

Invest in a new gpu maybe the 970.The cpu is enough for and maybe for a while from now on so there's not much of a need.You could do a test by yourself tho.Get hwmonitor start it,run a game and after a while check the index what component got higher.If the gpu is at 100% well it's time for an upgrade.

Hello guys, 

Well I'm planning to upgrade my systems. My pc are mainly used for graphic design, and some casual gaming : FIFA 15, strategy game: Civilization, Total War, or perhaps some action game : Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider, GTA5 (hoping to play this one). Well the current built are listed below. So I'm looking to enhance the performance of my system without have to spending too much.

Build  Processor Intel Core i5-3330 : (1150) 3.00 - 3.20 Ghz, 4 Cores, 6MB Shared L3 Cache Graphics  Sapphire HD7770 Ghz Edition OC 1GB DDR5 Vapor-X Mainboard Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H Memory Kingston HyperX 4Gb x 2  1st Storage Western Digital Green 1TB PSU (Power) Antec HCG 620Watt CPU Cooler none 2nd Storage Drive Western Digital Green 1TB Optical  Samsung DVD-RW 24x Case

Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed

Budget : Perhaps under 500$. And I'm based in Malaysia. And I'm targeting the processor, graphics card, memory & motherboard.

Aim : Smooth operation in designing larger file size, and able to play upcoming game in decent performance. On a side note, I would like to jump into micro-atx

Invest in a new gpu maybe the 970.The cpu is enough for and maybe for a while from now on so there's not much of a need.You could do a test by yourself tho.Get hwmonitor start it,run a game and after a while check the index what component got higher.If the gpu is at 100% well it's time for an upgrade.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.