Buying a headset for my bro (need recommendations)

saudivip

Hi , my bro is going to medical school thus me and my family want to get him a gift, so i thought we should get him a pair of headphones or a headset , he plays on pc uses a shitty playsation headset . 

the budget is around 400$ and im wondering if i should get him a headset or a headphone with a mod mic and what would be a good choice . 

any suggestions ?  :D

Hi , my bro is going to medical school thus me and my family want to get him a gift, so i thought we should get him a pair of headphones or a headset , he plays on pc uses a shitty playsation headset . 

the budget is around 400$ and im wondering if i should get him a headset or a headphone with a mod mic and what would be a good choice . 

any suggestions ?  :D

I usually recommend the ATH-M50x with modmic as they make fantastic headphones for listening to music while studying in a noisy library and are immersive for gaming. I love mine so much

A headset got the benefit of integrated mic, so less devices to deal with. On the other side, headphones generally have better audio quality compared to headsets. So it's up to you.

Personally I'd get him a good headphone, and skip the mic. He will then have the freedom to choose what mic he want (desktop, boom, lapel, etc)

I usually recommend the ATH-M50x with modmic as they make fantastic headphones for listening to music while studying in a noisy library and are immersive for gaming. I love mine so much

he actually tried my m50's and didnt like them :< 

A headset got the benefit of integrated mic, so less devices to deal with. On the other side, headphones generally have better audio quality compared to headsets. So it's up to you.

Personally I'd get him a good headphone, and skip the mic. He will then have the freedom to choose what mic he want (desktop, boom, lapel, etc)

which headphones would you recommend ? and lets say that i would get him a headset are there any good in the market ? 

HyperX clouds and a laptop.

i know 400 $ might be too much for him   :P

so what do you guys think of getting him

Sennheiser HD8 DJ with a Modmic ? 

he actually tried my m50's and didnt like them :< 

which headphones would you recommend ? and lets say that i would get him a headset are there any good in the market ? 

Open backed headphones are generally more natural sounding and less fatiguing. In trade-off, it leaks sounds so might not be ideal for mobile/library uses. If it's used in stationary such as in dorm room only, most likely he'd like open backed.

Open backed: AD700x, Q701, DT990, HE400 (used/refurbished), HD600

Close backed: Vmoda, MDR-1A

And stay away from HDJ-8. Over-hyped, over-priced for its level of sound

Since he's probably gonna live in dorm and have a roommate, perhaps closed back headphpne is a better choice.

I'd recommend DT770 pro 80 ohm with modmic or get mrspeakers mad dog (they're discontinuing the line up)

Or like creatip said, vmoda m100 it's almost a perfect headphone for the occasion. Portable yet good enough for desktop use and you can use boommic for the microphone

<_<

so what do you guys think of getting him Sennheiser HD8 DJ with a Modmic ?

NAD Viso HP50 would be a better alternative to the HD8.

ok so I've been looking around reviews and stuff and im thinking of a few headphones and a headset :

1- DT770 pro but cant find a good deal for the 80 ohms and im only buying from amazon

2- MMX 300 

3- HD8 DJ because Linus said they were good and now they are for 250$ (why are they bad?)

the vmoda m100 is very good and i know that but i fear that he wont like it because its on ear .

was thinking of the HD600 too .