New Render Farm featuring 72 CPU Threads

This kinds of videos make me feel like I lack imagination, thank god he failed this time around, that makes me feel slightly better about myself. 

another linus whatnottodo techtips ;-)

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just watched part 2

Isn't it time to make your own BIOS?

1. Do as we say, not as we do. 

2. This is the tech version of Jackass. 

3. Stop crying that Linus gets to play with expensive gear. Start your own channel and have OEMs send you stuff and you can do whatever too, you think they don't know the kind of shit Linus will do when they agree to send him stuff? 

God, we could use the salt from all your tears to clear the roads of every winter country on this planet. 

There are plenty of channels where people destroy shit for the sake of destroying it, not to come up with rather amusing ways around problems. Yes, Linus could've waited for Noctua to send proper hardware but is that the kind of person Linus is? No, he isn't. Only now its an issue when ht gets to play with expensive equipment, it wasn't a problem when Linus was "poor" and didn't get Titans and 2699s to screw around with. 

You people are amusing. 

LinusGhettoModTips

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Terve!

"Everyone just calm down for a second." That definitely a thing for the intro sentence.

And I almost fell off my chair as I saw that counterweight.

Also you should think about a ziptie dispenser to optimize your ghettomounting workflow. *smile"

Great video anyway.

Sayonara!

With all the rants regarding this build, this might not be a bad idea to incorporate whenever doing ghetto content.  :D  @nicklmg @Slick @LinusTech

Linus may have gone overboard with the ghetto approach, but hey, if not for that, we won't have something to discuss right here eh? Plus, it would be more exciting (well at least for me) if he damaged one of the components. Much more exciting sequel. lol jk. But honestly, the price of the components aside, that would be quite interesting.

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow:

References mini super powerful build during build,

Doesn't recognize that aircooler and watercooling bracket from Asrock X99E-ITX/AC would have solved intermittent cooling solution...

@LinusTech if its not too late...

bIBwedL.jpg

:P

Relatively new forum member but long time LTT subscriber. I felt like I needed to post this due to the amount of upset people in here.

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is LTT is 100% pure entertainment and nothing more. I don’t pay for that gear so as long as the end result is me being entertained, I’m happy. This (and part 2) succeeded at this wonderfully.

Yea. I hate it when I have to drill holes in the motherboard to mount a cooler...

I would love for the editors to make a slowed down edit of this: "Drunk Linus installs a CPU" :D

Hey Linus, could you please try your super computer against my little benchmark in Java? Runs on windows & linux (& even mac). It only sports 32 test threads... which makes your 72 thread machine an absolute overkill but I would still be glad if you did run it.

http://www.testmycpu.com/

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Only 1x PCI-E 16x but with 2x Titan X?..... You choose the wrong motherboard :) My Dual Socket 2011 with ddr3 has 4x PCI-E 16x 1x PCI-E 8X and 1 PCI-E 4x. But my Serverboard was designed to be a render machine to support 4 videocards. My config 2x E5 2640 V2 2ghz 8c 16t per cpu. 64gb ddr3 ecc 1600mhz. It is my daily workstation :)

What motherboard do you have VictorB? and do the videocards run in SLI/crossfire?

And Linus is there a link for the board you were using?

• 1 month later...

i worked out a dual xeon eg 2695v2 12 core 24 thread x2 24/48 on an intel w2600r2 dual board,, the intel board is nice as it has L1-4 video card,60 core coprocessor,ram along, and wireless card, 64 gb ram,and Lg monitor, unnfinished but looking good

• 3 months later...

So I went back recently looking for this series, only to not be able to find part 1. Finally I found it linked via the "i" button on part 2: and it's unlinked. Why is this the case? It's extremely frustrating and there doesn't seem to be any reason why.

So you don't have to search yourself:

• 7 years later...
On 1/2/2016 at 5:00 PM, JMY1000 said:

So I went back recently looking for this series, only to not be able to find part 1. Finally I found it linked via the "i" button on part 2: and it's unlinked. Why is this the case? It's extremely frustrating and there doesn't seem to be any reason why.

So you don't have to search yourself:

Linus has revealed in a recent video the video got changed to private because "people were so mad about me like hanging it off the edge of a cardboard thing to screw it in from the bottom"

6 minutes ago, ahuckphin said:

Linus has revealed in a recent video the video got changed to private because "people were so mad about me like hanging it off the edge of a cardboard thing to screw it in from the bottom"

Now I know why it dissapeared when I searched the first part after watching the second one, I laso thought doing the same thing while installating the backplate on my PC's motherboard.