Maxwell... Possible F@H GPU issues?

So everyday I get around 200KPPD on a stock GTX 980, when people have been saying they have been getting 300KPPD. Checking the FAQ on the LTT Forums of F@H, (Here) I read this: 

Possible Maxwell GPU Boosting issues:

"If you have a Maxwell card, open up F@H & GPU-Z and see if your VRAM is boosting all the way whilst folding. If it isn't boosting to 1752.8 MHz in GPU-Z, it's not fully boosting because your card is in P2 Power-state. If it's not fully boosting, go and get "nvidia inspector" http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.htmlOnce you have it open, click on "overclocking mode" and click the dropdown menu that says "Performance Level 3" click on "Performance Level 2" and slowly turn up the memory clock offset until you get to +3505 mhz, it will fix your VRAM boosting issue. (It will read 1752.8 in GPU-Z afterwards) This should give you more PPD afterwards, seeing as you went from 6004 to 7010 MHz on the VRAM. Afterburner will not work, as it only changes P3 state, not P2. Thanks to @Lays for this."

Right, So I went scrambling for ASUS GPU tweak and GPU Z, and found this: 

45bDChf.png

5xaauy9.png

GPU Z says its fine, but the actual usage says its topped out at around 6010MHz. Should I attempt the "Nvidia Inspector? 

Update 1 

Attempted the Nvidia inspector to boost performance a bit. Unlocked full 7000mhz or whatever. PPD takes a little to update so..

Before I go on a rant about unrealistic expectations, let me ask you: Do you fold 24/7 or only in when your computer is not in use?

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Before I go on a rant about unrealistic expectations, let me ask you: Do you fold 24/7 or only in when your computer is not in use?

lol calm down

I'm quite happy with my PPD (or was) I fold 24/7. 5 hours of use on weekends/weekdays. (alternates)

Before like 3 days ago I was getting about 250000 PPD Which was REALLY good. Sometimes I even get as high as 280000. 

After that, it began to go down by about half. Mind you I was still on core 17, getting annoying core 15's here and there. 

That guide seemed to help out a lot. The 980 seemed to go back to a reasonable 220,000 give or take. 

lol calm down

I'm quite happy with my PPD (or was) I fold 24/7. 5 hours of use on weekends/weekdays. (alternates)

Before like 3 days ago I was getting about 250000 PPD Which was REALLY good. Sometimes I even get as high as 280000. 

After that, it began to go down by about half. Mind you I was still on core 17, getting annoying core 15's here and there. 

That guide seemed to help out a lot. The 980 seemed to go back to a reasonable 220,000 give or take. 

Based on that info, I'd say your PPD is right where it should be. 300k PPD isn't going to happen without some crazy overclocking. As for the sudden drop in PPD, I've noticed a similar drop with my own folding rig beginning around that time, so they may be related. I'm thinking they may have released a batch of derpy work units because they did say they were working on revising units specifically for Maxwell.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

And points for WU's and QRB are revised at various intervals :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yep, takes a dump on core 15 :( (for GPU), besides that I seriously doubt folding performance has anything to do with the VRAM speed, folding is not very system RAM or VRAM intensive.

Watch what cores you are getting, or get a monitoring program the will keep track of them for you, I was loathing core 15's last week but been all 17's and 18's this week :)