Why are we lacking computer programmers?

TechFnatic

Because the large majority of people are dumb

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Being a 'Programmer' is quite unspecific in my opinion.

Being able to write code ist just like a tool that can be used to do other stuff..

Writing webpages in PHP/HTML and so on is veery different from being someone that works on compiler optimization or what so ever...

At my university there are only courses where you learn the very basics in c/java

if you want to write more complicated stuff that utilize like the latest features of c++14 you have to learn that on your own..

Being a 'Programmer' is quite unspecific in my opinion.

Being able to write code ist just like a tool that can be used to do other stuff..

Writing webpages in PHP/HTML and so on is veery different from being someone that works on compiler optimization or what so ever...

At my university there are only courses where you learn the very basics in c/java

if you want to write more complicated stuff that utilize like the latest features of c++14 you have to learn that on your own..

Agreed...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

A big reason is how low the graduation rate is in computer science

//Does not work. Needs fixing

in my school they try and get you into it, but the code they use is so basic in order for everyone to get it, but it's so basic that it becomes boring. i discovered code through messing around with terminal on my computer hahahahahahaha 

i had to restore my computer...

... i discovered code through messing around with terminal on my computer hahahahahahaha ... i had to restore my computer...

lolololol.gif

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.