Audio System for Bedroom

TheMastr13
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Get a $20 lepai amp and a pair of Micca MB42X bookshelf speakers. If you think you need more bass after trying these in a bedroom, I'd be surprised, but you could easily add a powered sub. An AV receiver is really overkill if you're not running passive surround sound speakers, which you shouldn't do in a small room.

You could buy more expensive speakers with your budget, but you'd probably want to ask a more experienced forum or try some out for yourself.

Hey LTT community!

Currently, in my bedroom, I have a desk  (with my computer and monitors), a bed, some furniture, and thats about it. I really enjoy listening to music, so I think the perfect thing for my room is to get... wait for it... and audio system. 

I would like to get an AV receiver (a legit one like pioneer, sony, denon, etc.). I'm not sure what speaker configuration I want, all i know is that I want at least 2 front speakers and a powered subwoofer. I also kind of want 2 speakers in the back of my room, but they would have to be wireless and battery powered, so I think that's out of the question.

I'm looking for the best solution to my needs.

I live in the U.S. and my budget is ~$500

Thanks!

-TheMastr13

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

AVR don't carry high resale value, buy that used locally, you WILL find plenty for sale nearby. 

Off the top of my head Polk offers a fairly decent and cheap 100$ subwoofer, so get that. 

Spend the rest on a good pair of passive speakers or 2nd hand floor standing loudspeakers. 

Your budget is too low for a dedicated center or satellite speakers, stick to 2.1.

Get a $20 lepai amp and a pair of Micca MB42X bookshelf speakers. If you think you need more bass after trying these in a bedroom, I'd be surprised, but you could easily add a powered sub. An AV receiver is really overkill if you're not running passive surround sound speakers, which you shouldn't do in a small room.

You could buy more expensive speakers with your budget, but you'd probably want to ask a more experienced forum or try some out for yourself.

Second on the MB42x. You can go for the PB42x if you want less hassle, but it isn't really that much more to get an amp, plus you have control. 

The miccas have a crazy amount of bass, so tbh you won't even need a sub. 

how about a speaker bar that has a subwoofer..they even have bluetooth on alot of them

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile