Screen Half Yellow and Flickers on and off

BillGaming23

Hey guys, so I recently got a PC from my grandmas friend that is moving. It still had the plastic on it and everything,but I got it all set up and the screen was Half Yellow and had Black flickering problems. I switched monitors and it continued to happen. I cant find much about this topic so im hoping you guys can help me. I tried VGA and DVI to both monitors, with no luck. 

Something is dying or you're GPU is artifacting (lower clock speed)

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Could it be the hard drive? 

doubt it

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Is your display cable plugged all the way in? Common problem with VGA when they aren't fully plugged in is seeing your entire screen a tint of one color from my experience, otherwise GPU is probably dying, maybe a bad cable?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I tried many cables.. and there is no GPU in there.

Ok guys don't wanna be that guy who bumps his thread, but I got no where and I took pictures for you guys. I pushed in my DVI cable so much too and tried other ones.

Oops there we go

Have you tried connecting something else to the monitor? Like an Xbox or PlayStation, and try connecting the PC to a different monitor.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Yea i connected a different monitor and it did the same thing