Laptop cooling in harsh conditions

I need to find a way to keep my laptop cool.

I live in the Bahamas and Summer is approaching. At 7:30pm the room temp is between 32C-33C, so yeah its hot and summer isn't here yet. In the evening while browsing the web with a few tabs open and streaming a 720p youtube video, cpu load bobbles around 30%-40% with a temp of about 88C. If i attempt to do any serious processing temps quickly shoot up to 95C and the laptop shuts down shortly after. right now to keep temps down i have a ductless air condition aimed at the laptop and turned down to 16C. this keep temps between 60C-80C only hitting 87C momentarily when maxed out. This is very expensive and i need a cheaper solution. I have tried propping up my laptop, blowing it out with compressed air and cheap laptop coolers but they don't do much.

Im currently running a Samsung q530, first gen i5, 8GB ram and western digital Black2 dual drive.

thanks in advance for any tips.post-231144-0-56290600-1432514795.jpg

Make a diy air conditioner that uses ice cubes, there are guides online. Just use that to blow air instead of an air conditioner.

I live in the Bahamas and Summer is approaching. At 7:30pm the room temp is between 32C-33C, so yeah its hot and summer isn't here yet. In the evening while browsing the web with a few tabs open and streaming a 720p youtube video, cpu load bobbles around 30%-40% with a temp of about 88C. If i attempt to do any serious processing temps quickly shoot up to 95C and the laptop shuts down shortly after. right now to keep temps down i have a ductless air condition aimed at the laptop and turned down to 16C. this keep temps between 60C-80C only hitting 87C momentarily when maxed out. This is very expensive and i need a cheaper solution. I have tried propping up my laptop, blowing it out with compressed air and cheap laptop coolers but they don't do much.

Im currently running a Samsung q530, first gen i5, 8GB ram and western digital Black2 dual drive.

thanks in advance for any tips.attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

I have two suggestions. One, slightly raise your laptop using a stand, only like an inch is needed, then setup a desk fan to blow slightly downwards towards the laptop to sweep up the heat.

#2: if that is too much work, get a quad fan laptop cooler.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

thanks in advance for any tips.attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Hey Kado27,

As the guys said, you can either use a simple fan pointed towards the laptop to blow the heat off of it while it's raised from the desk or you can get a good laptop cooler. 
Try keeping your laptop clean and prevent dust from piling up (this contributes to heat accumulation). You can also call the laptop's manufacturer to check if they have any solutions for upgrading the laptop itself. Do have a backup of your data as if you continuously exceed the recommended working temperatures of the storage drive, you are risking to lose data. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/