Two GPU related questions

zolo30

I recently installed a second GTX 970 into my system and ever since I enabled SLI when I close a game my computer will restart twice on me. When I enable one card everything works fine.

Second question is I am planning on selling my 970's and getting two 980ti's for an upcoming 3440x1440 monitor I am wanting in August and everything points to them having the TDP of the Titan X which is 250 watts so would my current PSU of 750 be enough for two cards slightly overclocked and my CPU clocked to 4.6?

here is my part list http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6nQYBm

Sounds like you're having driver issues with your 970's. Remove and reinstall all drivers. As for sli 980 ti's, you need 850w IMO. 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

If you're having problems with SLI 970s, theres a good chance you have a bottleneck cpu and a stronger card will make things worse.

Edit: After viewing your list, you probably just have a faulty card.

I tested them both on their own and they both work fine.

Sounds like you're having driver issues with your 970's. Remove and reinstall all drivers. As for sli 980 ti's, you need 850w IMO. 

I was thinking as much I will try that later