1920x1080 gloss IPS for gaming.

Skrail
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

That monitor is your best option really. I have two of them still going strong, they're nice monitors. 

Been scouring the web for 4 days now and I'm exhausted lol. I've been looking for a great Gloss IPS gaming monitor with low input lag/ms for $200 or less. Might be able to go to $220 at max. Don't have the cash for 120/144hz sadly. I play a lot of World of Warcraft and Diablo 3, so no shooters.

I've been eyeing this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483&cm_re=Acer_H236HL-_-24-009-483-_-Product 

I know that it is a little outdated as of now and I am wondering if there is anything that has come along that just stomps it. I want something with excellent blacks considering the games I play have a lot of dark scenery/black backgrounds. People have mentioned flickerless and light bleed and I read up a little bit on it, but never seen it in person. Just want something that's really solid and going to last. I don't come across cash very often due to paying for living expenses.

Any help would be much appreciated!! :D

That monitor is your best option really. I have two of them still going strong, they're nice monitors. 

Yeah I'm pretty sold on it to be honest :) This seems like the only forum going nowadays lol. Thanks for the fast response! I just really hope this is the one after searching all this time. Kinda weird how I went in with a $200 budget and saving ~$50. Surprised with the other $50 that there isn't something that's a "must have".

Also, how do you guys feel about buying it refurbished from Acer?

Also, how do you guys feel about buying it refurbished from Acer?

I'd stay away from that. Acer's refurb and customer service in general is terrible. If it does break, it's a nightmare to get it fixed. 

One last question before purchasing: Are there any Dell displays that are this good (glass,IPS, etc)?

Definitely going through Amazon for the purchase due to them having 3 year coverage. I like both the Dell and the Acer >.< This is a tough one. Thank you Skyway and Oshino Shinobu for all your help! 

Let me do a little more searching for ya, see what I can come up with.  I'm usually pretty good at this