HELP ! Toshiba Laptop Wont boot windows off USB!

dnkgaming

Ive got a laptop thats about 5 or 6 years old and its been getting slow and its got alot of un used programs on it. The laptop has windows 7 on it and i want to put windows 8 on it. I have a flash drive with windows 8 on it that ive used a few other times and it works fine. I just cant get the laptop to boot up off it. I went into the bios and changed to boot order and the laptop goes to a black screen upon bootup and theres a flashing underscore in the top left corner. I cant get it to do anything after that screen unless i restart it. Im not seeing any legacy settings other then a mouse legacy emulation for keyboard/mouse. My boot order is

1 USB MEMORY :

2 USB ODD

3 FDD

4 ODD

5 LAN

6 HDD1/SSD1

7 Esata HDD

.. When i change the boot order back to normal and start the computer up it boots into windows off the harddrive as it should.

Also Im 100% Sure that this flash drive works because i just put windows on a few computer this month with it. The laptop simply isnt recognising it. Also It doesnt recognise the flash drive when im in my computer .. it doesnt show up. Could it be becasuse there usb 3 flash drives and the computer only has usb 2.0?

Anyone familiar with toshibas bios?

Case: Corsair 760T White PSU: Corsair AX1200i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula CPU: I7-4790k Cooler: Stock Cooler Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400mhz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

what is the model? I had an old toshiba satelite around the same age.

EDIT: make sure the ports are actually working find a wired mouse or other peripheral and check ALL the ports, being an older laptop that could be the issue

Imitable - capable or worthy of being Imitated or copied (adjective)

The ports work fine on it. I got the computer to read the flash drive but now during the installation it restarts and it goes back to the black screen with the flashing underscore. I dont think its a sattelite i had one of those before. Im not sure but it doesnt say on the bottom of the computer. If it does its worn out

Case: Corsair 760T White PSU: Corsair AX1200i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula CPU: I7-4790k Cooler: Stock Cooler Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400mhz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

So sadly I don't know your model beyond that it's a toshiba with win 7, BUT I may have found something useful for you

Check this thread @ tom's hardware sean fontenot's post, and try it 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1894515/toshiba-satellite-wont-boot-usb.html

I take no responsibility for what may happen to your laptop including data loss and bricking, I doubt it will happen but it's worth a shot imo.

Imitable - capable or worthy of being Imitated or copied (adjective)