Modding an S340

BishopGM
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

i have a gigabyte g1 gaming

Hmm the G1 has a pretty beefy cooler on it, as for modding the front panel like you want above it can be done, I believe that was done by Parvum system if you want ti done by them. They used a new piece of acrylic material after removing most of the front panel.

You can take a dremel using a reinforced cutting disc and doing it yourself. I recommend using masking tape over all the from surfaces and mapping your your design before hand. When cutting be sure to cut away from the line and afterwards using a file to file toward it to get the finished cut to get nice straight lines. Not the mention you will need to touchup the cut edge using some paint to hide the bare metal edge.

So ive noticed some big temps these days as summer is coming and i want to do something about these temps...

1st i bought an x61 and for my i5 4690k with a couple of noctua fans but thats noot my main problem

after gaming with my gtx970 yesterday with room themp about 86 degrees F (30C)i noticed a 77 Celsius in my gpu and i really didnt like it

so i was hoping of mmodding the front panel for easier air intake 

My question should i mod the panel that alreaddy has or should i make something my self and if yes of which material?

77 is not high for a gpu and totaly ok in the summer. But if you want more airflow you could drill some holes in the front panel like on the old Mac Pro.

Your GTX 970 is fine at 77c. My card gets up to 75-77c while playing games, and its fans are still inaudible. before modding your case, you should consider remapping your fan curve. The card is fine at that temperature though. 

So ive noticed some big temps these days as summer is coming and i want to do something about these temps...

1st i bought an x61 and for my i5 4690k with a couple of noctua fans but thats noot my main problem

after gaming with my gtx970 yesterday with room themp about 86 degrees F (30C)i noticed a 77 Celsius in my gpu and i really didnt like it

so i was hoping of mmodding the front panel for easier air intake 

My question should i mod the panel that alreaddy has or should i make something my self and if yes of which material?

For 77C it's not the worst temps out there, what gtx 970 do you have?

As for airflow it's not too bad since there is a good gap in between the front and the actual fans themselves, if you wanted I guess you can modify it using a dremel.

77 is not high for a gpu and totaly ok in the summer. But if you want more airflow you could drill some holes in the front panel like on the old Mac Pro.

i was thinking something like this DSC_0829_zps714beffa.jpg

For 77C it's not the worst temps out there, what gtx 970 do you have?

As for airflow it's not too bad since there is a good gap in between the front and the actual fans themselves, if you wanted I guess you can modify it using a dremel.

i was thinking something like this DSC_0829_zps714beffa.jpg

This would work even better, but try something like this first on an old case, to don't damage your S340.

This would work even better, but try something like this first on an old case, to don't damage your S340.

ik i was thinking making a front panel similar to s340 and doing that mod there 

ik i was thinking making a front panel similar to s340 and doing that mod there 

Thats a good idea

Hmm the G1 has a pretty beefy cooler on it, as for modding the front panel like you want above it can be done, I believe that was done by Parvum system if you want ti done by them. They used a new piece of acrylic material after removing most of the front panel.

You can take a dremel using a reinforced cutting disc and doing it yourself. I recommend using masking tape over all the from surfaces and mapping your your design before hand. When cutting be sure to cut away from the line and afterwards using a file to file toward it to get the finished cut to get nice straight lines. Not the mention you will need to touchup the cut edge using some paint to hide the bare metal edge.