FreeNAS Will This Work

Hello I'm interested in creating a NAS using FreeNAS and was wondering if this setup would work.

Motherboard: Asus P8B-X : As it is respectivly cheap and supports ECC

CPU: Intel Pentium® Processor G2030 : Its chap supports ECC for what I have read and is low power

RAM: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333: Is ECC and 8GB.

HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite Case

PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX

I think this will work and are there any suggestions that may add to the build.

Thanks Joe 

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

What are you planing to use it with(TV, Tablets, etc)? and how many people will be accessing the NAS?

What are you planing to use it with(TV, Tablets, etc)? and how many people will be accessing the NAS?

4 at peak usually only 1 or 2. Main use for storage photos, videos, documents ,music and streaming ripped DVD and Blu-Rays. 

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

It may get slow at peak but should do the job.

Is the Pentium the bottleneck?

Is the Pentium the bottleneck?

Yes, NASs work better with more threads instead of high clock speed, jumping to a quadcore would help with encoding. Your next bottleneck is the HDD, if multiple people are using the same drive read speeds will become slow (but can only be fixed with SSDs).

--

i3-3250 is the cheapest low TDP quadcore I can find. but it is $100 more then the G2030. So it's up to you.

NASs work better with more threads instead of high clock speed,

Not always.  Samba only runs on a single thread per user and the speed of a single core is often a bottleneck of use.

Motherboard: Asus P8B-X : As it is respectivly cheap and supports ECC

CPU: Intel Pentium® Processor G2030 : Its chap supports ECC for what I have read and is low power

Another alternative is an Avoton board like the Asrock c2750d4i or c2550d4i come with 8core avotons or a 4core avoton respectively and cost around $350 and $250.

Not always.  Samba only runs on a single thread per user and the speed of a single core is often a bottleneck of use.

Another alternative is an Avoton board like the Asrock c2750d4i or c2550d4i come with 8core avotons or a 4core avoton respectively and cost around $350 and $250.

I agree, you could build this alot cheaper, what's the total cost of the above build?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications