Overclocking intel i7 4790k

Hello,

I decided to overclock my CPU and I got a result of 4.7 Ghz, 1.28V and cooling it with h100i.

Temperature is max is 90c under load. 

I am living in a desert and ambient temp here is aint pretty. 28c - 35c.

I did stress test it with Aida 64 and it is stable running for 20 minutes.

Question is the Cpu temp a good one? considering that i live in a desert.

CPU: Intel I7-4790K OC to 4.6Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO (wifi-ac) | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Ram: 4 GB Corsair Vengeance x 2 and 4 GB HyperX Savage x 2  |

PSU: EVGA 850w Supernova G2 80PLUS GOLD | Storage: Fuijitsu 250 GB Mechanical Drive | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

I'd turn it down a bit for lifespan reasons, 90c is borderline of thermal throttling and that's not where you want to be

"Rawr XD"

I would change your stock thermal paste to some MX4 or NT-H1

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would still lower that voltage and get to 4.6GHZ and 85 C maybe.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Im turning it down to 4.6Ghz 1.26v and be stress testing it now and be back with the results 20minutes later

CPU: Intel I7-4790K OC to 4.6Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO (wifi-ac) | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Ram: 4 GB Corsair Vengeance x 2 and 4 GB HyperX Savage x 2  |

PSU: EVGA 850w Supernova G2 80PLUS GOLD | Storage: Fuijitsu 250 GB Mechanical Drive | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

I'm back with the temp results running stable for 20 minutes.

Core #0 - 87c

Core #1 - 86c

Core #2 - 86c

Core #3 - 82c

Cpu - 87c

is this good enough?

Around 85*C is reasonable maximum. You should be ok but try to lover those voltages even more. You should play with vcore voltage, ring bus voltage (or cpu cache voltage) and vrin voltage. After you hit the limit you shoud test stability for longer period of time. Also try different workloads (AIDA, prime95 etc). Ideally you temperatures will oscilate around 80*C or less.

Im using aida64 and intel XTU for stress testing.